Actual current market for a M11-nine?

01SVTvert

Wanted to see if anyone has sold a M11-nine recently and where the actual market is. Ruben had two NIB a for 13.5k iirc and they are now off his site so I don’t know if they sold. I also know he gets a premium. I am looking for the prices of a ‘normal’ person to person sale of a shooter grade gun, not NIB.
I am considering selling my m11 but I have no clue on the real market. One offer through a dealer, not Ruben, was really low if current market is where I think it is. If I do decide to sell I would post it here first.

10mmlover

edit: So I just realized you're selling, not buying, so I cut all the previous stuff out. There's been one sitting for $11k from a customer on sturm for 2 months. Seeing as stuff sells over there in minutes if priced right, I'd say that' still too high for one that's not nib. I've seen ones go for 8-9k on reddit etc, but in a lot of cases, the buyer had a friend at a store, or in other ways knew the seller already so they got a bit of a discount.

Last edited:

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
$9000 sell it within a few hours, $10000 sell it within a few days, $11000 sell it in a few weeks, etc.

Homer

I sold a nib in Sept for $9500. Sold it the same day twice. First buyer backed out. I threw in a lage sear and buffer. I had listed it several times at a higher price ($13,000) throwing in 22 kit with dedicated upper and cfw-a bolt with no buyers. Last time I included a cfw-a bolt for extra $900 if they wanted it or gun by itself. They took the bolt too.

Homer

Also, was on form 4 they paid shipping and all transfer taxes

10mmlover

10mmlover

Im Not sure you should ever get a NIB

Does it work?
According to everything on the internet, my '86 rush period NIB serialed m11/9 should have pretty much fallen apart after the first mag. Not only has it been solid as a rock, I'm still on all of the original lower parts including sear that shows no issus with wear after a LOT of rounds. Given how many rounds I've put through it in such a short period of time, it's so far been as reliable as a Glock. The only time it malfunctioned (and bent an ejector rod) was when I tried to shoot hp through it, but then learned about the default feed ramp only being optimal for round nose. Ever since I switched bullet heads it's been 100% both with the factory upper, practical solutions 1200rpm upper, and the multiple Lage uppers I've now got for it. I also only use about 115 to 120 power factor 9mm ammo through it. I'm guessing that many of the people who had issues used speed cubes and used +p ammo with theirs.

Gaffshot

panhead5

I sold a nib in Sept for $9500. Sold it the same day twice. First buyer backed out. I threw in a lage sear and buffer. I had listed it several times at a higher price ($13,000) throwing in 22 kit with dedicated upper and cfw-a bolt with no buyers. Last time I included a cfw-a bolt for extra $900 if they wanted it or gun by itself. They took the bolt too.
I would have bought it for the cfw-a bolt . I hate to tell you what they are worth now !

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Fwiw, there are M11/9s listed for sale on sites for significantly less that those GB sales. However, those GB sales seems to have emboldened asking prices from some sellers…

Homer

I would have bought it for the cfw-a bolt . I hate to tell you what they are worth now !
It was listed on this site twice. The first guy backed out so I re-listed it. At the same time I sold another bolt by itself for $1500. As far as nib box troubles… Vegas told me one time that there was more hype than truth to the 86’s. My nib box was an 86 and the new z-mags fit perfect. Perhaps I was just lucky.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
I have two 1986 M11/9's. One remains NIB, the other was fired very little, if at all. That one was a troublesome beast. The mag catch was the rounded version and the mags would not seat well or fall out. There was a problem with mag catch and mag height. My guess is until I replaced the catch with a better version the gun was terribly unreliable and the original owner gave up.

The gun also never could reliably host the Lage .22 kit. I sold the kit after wasting untold hours and rounds of .22LR to try to make it work. I suspect there were some alignment issues that not even Lage could cure.

My experience is that NIB 1986 guns are sketchy and don't warrant a premium. One that works that has been fired and proven is a better buy.

Last edited:

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
If I was in your position, I would have sent it to Sam. Richard is certainly very knowledgeable, but his focus is on making and servicing his products. Sam specializes in repair. He would be able to check for alignment, specifications, and make the gun back into the specs it should be.

Scott

01SVTvert

I'm suspicious about the gunbroker sales being actual arms length transactions. I can't figure it out but something has seemed off for the last few years with too many mg's selling for excessively high prices. I don't trust it.
I know of one major dealer that used to sell a ton on gunbroker always at higher than market prices. Then I would see the same MG listed again by the same dealer months later. He had a number of accounts pumping up bids and if it went to one of them he just kept it I think. I took me a couple years to see the pattern but it was definitely there.

panhead5

It was listed on this site twice. The first guy backed out so I re-listed it. At the same time I sold another bolt by itself for $1500. As far as nib box troubles… Vegas told me one time that there was more hype than truth to the 86’s. My nib box was an 86 and the new z-mags fit perfect. Perhaps I was just lucky.
No -- Sam said he sold one of those bolts for 2K .

Rob1928

UZI Talk Supporter
I know of one major dealer that used to sell a ton on gunbroker always at higher than market prices. Then I would see the same MG listed again by the same dealer months later. He had a number of accounts pumping up bids and if it went to one of them he just kept it I think. I took me a couple years to see the pattern but it was definitely there.
I noticed exactly the same thing and know who you're talking about. His very high winning bids always go to either the same handful of accounts or to a brand new one. I'll never be dealing with him. Buyer beware.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter