Finally did it. Just dropped off my M10/9mm with Sam and Tina.

Laguna

Did the Uzi conversion cause any increase in the ROF for M10/9 guns? I'm just curious if Sam's bolt modifications took enough material off of the bolt to increase the ROF.

Landric

Did the Uzi conversion cause any increase in the ROF for M10/9 guns? I'm just curious if Sam's bolt modifications took enough material off of the bolt to increase the ROF.

My gun had the .45 mag well before the Uzi conversion so I never shot it as a 9mm using a stock upper or mag well fed Lage upper. Still, it doesn't look like much material was removed and I can't imagine it would effect ROF very much if at all.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
My gun had the .45 mag well before the Uzi conversion so I never shot it as a 9mm using a stock upper or mag well fed Lage upper. Still, it doesn't look like much material was removed and I can't imagine it would effect ROF very much if at all.
Serious question, why not try the drop in magwell conversion for the .45 grip to 9mm?

Landric

Serious question, why not try the drop in magwell conversion for the .45 grip to 9mm?

Two reasons, both to do with the magazines:

1- Uzi mags are cheap, available, reliable, robust, and I have other guns that use them.

2- A reasonable supply of M10/9 mags (say 10) cost as much or more than the conversion did. I don't have anything else that uses M10/9 mags and therefore don't already have them on hand. On the other hand I have a good pile of Uzi mags.

The Uzi grip is also more comfortable IMO than either of the stock M10 grips. YMMV on that.

The M10/Grease Gun mag grip is much better for shooting .45 ACP than Uzi mags. Perhaps I would have tried the adapter and M10/9 mags if that had been a concern. However, with two M10s I decided the best route was one with a Uzi grip for 9mm and one with a M3 grip for .45 ACP.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter