Gauging Interest in Tungsten Slow Fire Bolts

Slowmo

In post #21, Practical Solutions mentioned a hybrid tungsten-steel M10 bolt as a possible project. Makes a Fat Ghost that much more enticing.

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
I think i remember R. Lage saying , not recommended to be used in the max 31 k L might be wrong .
The MAX-31, MAX-31C, MAX-31A and MAX-31K bolts have the sear catch on the bolt face, not the front of the bolt like an OEM or CFW bolt. If you put a tungsten bolt in these uppers, the sear will be catching on the bolt face which is square, not angled and sharper at the front edge. This will wear the sear and the bolt face, causing damage to both.

MACsAlot

UZI Talk Life Member
Project Update: The project is moving forward, slowly. We definitely have enough interest to do a run of bolts. In fact, there may be so much interest that we split it up into 2 runs, this is yet to be determined. I am still wading my way through the wait list, so I don't have a final count just yet. We have ordered a sample bolt to test so that we know our drawings are correct. But the ball is currently in the court of the Fabricator, they told us that it'll take 2-4 weeks for the sample bolt to be finished. It'll probably be another month before I start collecting deposit money and I won't do that until the sample bolt has been tested and the production run is a go for sure. Thanks for everyone's interest and patience as we pick up this project and run with it.

BTW...RIP Tom Wright we miss you dearly...t

Mackjack

UZI Talk Supporter
How fast can you get these short ones to run in an m11/9? I have the full length original one and it’s almost too slow sometimes. Can you get it to run 900rpm or so? Put a buffer stack behind it? Stiffer spring?

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
How fast can you get these short ones to run in an m11/9? I have the full length original one and it’s almost too slow sometimes. Can you get it to run 900rpm or so? Put a buffer stack behind it? Stiffer spring?
I’m at 852. Not sure what spring but it was new and I cut off 4 coils.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
If you aren't happy with the full size M11/NINE (W) bolt, I would think, sell it and buy a new M11 size one. I don't know when or even if another run of the full size (W) bolts will be done. It might take a little while to get top dollar for it, but with the price of tungsten, it would be very pricey for a run of the full size M11/NINE bolts to be done today. I am glad I have all three versions of solid tungsten bolts.

Scott

LawBob

I’m at 852. Not sure what spring but it was new and I cut off 4 coils.
I like lawman 124gr in my max11a1/mk2

It’s not rated so, but it is subsonic. It shoots much slower than standard 115 or 147 in my mgs. I don’t have a timer but I can tell.

Bonus is that its fully encapsulated bullet is less lead if you shoot suppressors. Less build up.

I’d try that or it’s first cousin blazer brass 124. Same ballistics.

NATO 124 is super sonic and most brands mirror that, I think. WinWhiteBox124 is near nato.

TargetSportsUsa.com is my go to

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
My go-to is Blazer 115 in 1000rnd loose bulk.
I found WWB generally has a heavy crimp which sometimes my SWD chamber doesn’t like. Federal doesn’t have a heavy crimp but almost seems like the brass is thinner so less of a case mouth edge like Blazer or S&B. No problems with Lawman but for price/bulk Blazer has been the ticket.

If Blazer 115 & 124 is the same price I still pick 115 because logically thinking it’s less of a lift for the spring in a 50rnd Zmag.

Mackjack

UZI Talk Supporter
If you aren't happy with the full size M11/NINE (W) bolt, I would think, sell it and buy a new M11 size one. I don't know when or even if another run of the full size (W) bolts will be done. It might take a little while to get top dollar for it, but with the price of tungsten, it would be very pricey for a run of the full size M11/NINE bolts to be done today. I am glad I have all three versions of solid tungsten bolts.

Scott
I do like it, just not all the time

Solo_CW

Hey there, just wanted to give this thread a bump. And see if there's been any updates with the prototype if it's been tested and working. And if so when will you be taking deposits for the new batch?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter