M11/410

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
need the 410 saiga drum on the 410 m11 upper somehow.
I'm sure your working on it already

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
need the 410 saiga drum on the 410 m11 upper somehow.
I'm sure your working on it already
Yeah that would be nice but its a no go. My original plan was to use the ar style bolt / barrel but have the receiver take Saiga mags/drums. I had the 3d models all built and was ready to start machining parts when I realized these barrels are short chambered for 2 1/2 shells only. At first I thought no problem I'll just re cut the chamber with a 3 inch reamer but the barrel tapers right past the 2 1/2 inch mark to a pretty thin profile. Even though these are relatively low pressure rounds I was afraid cutting into that thin section might cause the barrel to bulge or fail at some point. So 15 round stick mags are all you get :(

smdub

UZI Talk Life Member
Wait, whut? There are .410 Saiga drums? How did I miss this? Great, must now go buy one and adapt the feed tower to fit an AR15 for the turkish .410 uppers...

On further inspection its for 3" shells. The AR can only fir 2.5" (and just barely at that.) Does anyone have the 410 drum and can verify I can fit a spacer in it to feed 2.5"? I'm guessing I'll need to cut the follower to clear the spacer. Don't know if the spring and such will run into it.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Wait, whut? There are .410 Saiga drums? How did I miss this? Great, must now go buy one and adapt the feed tower to fit an AR15 for the turkish .410 uppers...

On further inspection its for 3" shells. The AR can only fir 2.5" (and just barely at that.) Does anyone have the 410 drum and can verify I can fit a spacer in it to feed 2.5"? I'm guessing I'll need to cut the follower to clear the spacer. Don't know if the spring and such will run into it.
Just about all the mags for the saiga .410 are for 3 inch shells. I don't know of any work a rounds to run shorter shells.

smdub

UZI Talk Life Member
I know none will work for shorter shells as delivered. I'm wondering if I can modify one. I can't find a picture of one open to see if I can clearance the follower and put a spacer in it. I'm already going to have to cut off the feed tower and bolt / glue / plastic weld an AR15 feed tower on. I just don't know if the mag spring is going to prevent me from doing the mods I need.

Edit: This is a pic of the 12ga drum. Looks like the 410 could be similar. So a spacer won't interfere w/ the spring but it will cause the rounds not to reach both ends of the 'star' points. I might have to cut the center spool and shorten it or 3D print another set of points and glue them on in the right location. Anyway, this pic gives me hope its possible.

Edit2: I could 3D print a spacer that interfaces w/ the existing lower feed points and provides another higher set. Could be an easy drop-in affair! Off to go order one...

Attachments

• post-20691-054828100 1286553329_thumb.jpg
    post-20691-054828100 1286553329_thumb.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter