M11/9 is the trigger suppose to click in semi auto?

Brockak47

hey all, been a while since Ive owned my last M11 and I don't recall it doing this. Trying to figure out if and what the issue is, from looking at it with the upper off it seems like the disconnector is raking hard over the trip when certain pressure is applied to the trip. Thank you in advanced and I always appreciate the wealth of insight you all have, its been very helpful over the years.

selector in semi

selector in auto

view with no upper on, click when i apply thumb over top simulating an upper on it

gun functions fine in auto, seems a bit off in semi but does work

Last edited:

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Obviously that engagement is poor on semi. Have you tried it with the OEM sear? I had an issue with my 11a1 where the little nub that sear rests on was too high and created insufficient engagement, and I ground down the bottom of the sear to compensate.

Brockak47

Yes, this happened with the factory sear also, I bought the lage sear as a precaution and as a hope that it would fix the issue. I did notice that with the lage sear the selector switch is a bit more tough to rotate with an upper on it than with the oe sear. Maybe if its too complicated of a gunsmith issue i wont bother with semi at all

thank you

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I do have my trip out, but you want that engagement to be right. Call Sam @ practical solutions if you don't get a better suggestion in a week or so here.

SecondAmend

The M11-380 I have clicks in Semi when the trigger is pulled. I believe it to be normal, or at least not abnormal operation. Reminds me of the opening scene in "West Side Story".

hkg3k

UZI Talk Life Member
hey all, been a while since Ive owned my last M11 and I don't recall it doing this. Trying to figure out if and what the issue is, from looking at it with the upper off it seems like the disconnector is raking hard over the trip when certain pressure is applied to the trip. Thank you in advanced and I always appreciate the wealth of insight you all have, its been very helpful over the years.

selector in semi

selector in auto

view with no upper on, click when i apply thumb over top simulating an upper on it

gun functions fine in auto, seems a bit off in semi but does work

Completely normal. And just to confirm, I just tested my (3) M11/9s, M11-380 and M10-45. All the same.

Brockak47

Completely normal. And just to confirm, I just tested my (3) M11/9s, M11-380 and M10-45. All the same.
hmm, that's good to know thank you. This is my second M11/9. The first I sold and had went a handful of years between then and rebuying one after having sellers remorse lol. So, needless to say I couldn't recall how my first one was.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

It’s normal. All of the MACs do this when they are in semi auto, it’s the trip pushing up on the disconnect and the disconnector snapping off the sear. Normal.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter