Recent content by hkg3k

1. hkg3k

Gauging interest in an adjustable bolt

I too had an Urbach 11/9 slow fire bolt back in the day (I think I received it in a pkg purchase). Anyway, my experience mirrored yours, and I soon got rid of it.
  2. hkg3k

RIA auction 16Feb NFA prices realized

Saw that as well, but honestly, a stock ZX5 doesn't really come into its own till it's sent to Andrewski (with a Sterling parts set) for conversion to a true Sterling clone. Their value IMO, is the fact they have a true Sterling-spec tube.
  3. hkg3k

Vector Arms UZI SMG Trunion Weld Pictures

Reading for comprehension is fundamental. No one stated you didn't have a right to complain about your bad experience with John Andrewski...in fact I've stated that your experience shouldn't have turned out the way it did. However, your consistent narrative comes across that John is a hack...
  4. hkg3k

New MAC owner, looking to identify magazines

IMO, this is your best option. You will have to spend some money though. That Uzi grip-well will also give you some .45 options as well, if you desire. Am I wrong in understanding the single-feed M10-9mm magazine needs a 2nd catch engagement (to take into account for the M10's taller...
  5. hkg3k

Vector Arms UZI SMG Trunion Weld Pictures

And by the same token, nothing stated on this website (of even this thread) by other members with successful outcomes with John Andrewski will change your mind. It's almost like you have an intended purpose to be John's detractor when his name is brought up and label him an "Big Celebrity of...
  6. hkg3k

M11-9 Sten mag conversion

Two of my M11/9s have a Wheatley STEN grip-well. My personal opinion is the STEN mag is a better mag than the Zmag. A lot of folks don't like STEN mags because they're impossible to load to capacity without a loader...but then so are a lot of other dual-column / single-feed high-cap magazines...
  7. hkg3k

Calling on strobro32's Expertise

Ha Ha Ha...No. Maybe if I was 30 yrs younger! I'm content to shoot them prone or off the bench.
  8. hkg3k

The fire control / pistol grip frame attaches at 2 points - the T&E attachment point on the 1919 and the M240B buttstock adapter piece I don't disagree, and they shoot sweeter than they look. Here's a link to a thread I put up on the 1919a4 board last fall, that has some pics and goes into...
  9. hkg3k

Yes...25 round belts IIRC. I thought the shorty setup ran just a hair slower than my full-length barrel setup. Thank You!
  10. hkg3k

Apologies in advance for posting this in the Mac forum, but I'd like to ask strobro32 to indulge me and do a ROF calculation on each of my 1919 LMG videos. I would greatly appreciate it.
  11. hkg3k

Help identifying M11/9

Sure, it had a sunset clause...but the ban sunsetting was not a foregone conclusion as you imply in your post. Its days were actually not numbered when it was enacted. Could it be renewed it today? I'm pretty sure renewal, by the language in the law, had to happen prior to its sunset...
  12. hkg3k

Help identifying M11/9

I (mis)understood your previous post to mean you weren't aware that a DF Suomi mag M11/9 conversion already existed / tried...let alone you'd successfully performed the conversion yourself. I didn't mean to imply an Uzi mag couldn't work in the M11/9...by either possibly shimming the Uzi mag...
  13. hkg3k

Help identifying M11/9

IIRC, Lage did exactly that (Suomi mag adaptation) with a run of MAX-11 mk1 uppers. A drop-in sheet metal feed insert (think semi Uzi feed ramp in concept) had to be employed and even with that, the reliability hinged on Lage mating each insert and upper to an individual lower. It was later...
  14. hkg3k

Help identifying M11/9

Not really. It could have easily been renewed and extended or made permanent. The renewal was blocked from ever coming to a vote by the Republican majority at that time...all the while Bush 2 intimated that if it made it to his desk he'd sign it, knowing full well it'd never make it to his...
  15. hkg3k

Help identifying M11/9

It's worth noting the earliest M11/9s (semi) were built and sold with a STEN grip-well, before Zytel mags were developed. See "The Mac Man" page 328. These factory STEN grip-well semis are very rare in my experience. I've only ever seen (2) in all my years of being in the hobby. This...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter