Search results

1. cvasqu03

WTK:IS there a market for the group Uzi rec.?

OK, those are the shells, which is what I was thinking. In fact two of them don't even have the pocket to insert the trigger group pressed in yet. This is why your original post confused me a bit. So I have to ask, why are these FFL items? They're not completed receivers so they're not...
  2. cvasqu03

WTK:IS there a market for the group Uzi rec.?

You mean a Group Industries shell right. I can't imagine you mean a fully built receiver. I'm sure there's a market, though I heard some of them were out of spec (I think I actually have one of those and was planning to use it mostly as a repair section).
  3. cvasqu03

Where to find 80% video

Thanks, I'd seen that but was hoping for a video. I'd heard someone say that finishing either a rifle receiver or a pistol frame was better with either a hand drill or a drill press, but for the life of me can't remember which was which. I think they said it was counterintuitive so I was...
  4. cvasqu03

Where to find 80% video

Hey guys, among the projects I've been meaning to get to recently I found an 80% polymer AR lower that I'd like to build out. It came with the red single use jig. I've finally organized my tools and will be cleaning out my drill press next, and I did get a milling attachment for it some time...
  5. cvasqu03

Vector Arms UZI SMG Trunion Weld Pictures

I'm not a welder, but those actually look pretty good to me. In fact if anything, they look extra secure. I saw Richard's video about re-welding the trunions on a Group Industries UZI and the reason he was doing those was because they were too slight and not deep enough. The ones on yours...
  6. cvasqu03

Semi auto UZI Trigger Questions

Only the German variants had it. I don't know if it's exactly known why, but it might have had to do with some specific one in a thousand incident that may have happened with an FA that wouldn't have happened if there was a bolt safety. I don't think any other countries ever bothered to...
  7. cvasqu03

Volunteer Commando Mark 45 Magazine Questions

They worked in mine.
  8. cvasqu03

IWI mini uzi (not imi)

Wow, that's quite a find, or at least quite a coincidence. How long ago did you build it?
  9. cvasqu03

It depends. Some take Thompson magazines and some take Grease Gun magazines. From what I've seen the Thompson ones have the little wood-like portion on the grip while the GG ones are just the same color as the receiver. I also noticed that the Thompson one had very pronounced double feed ramp...
  10. cvasqu03

Wow, you just brought back bad memories of having to sell some guns. I had to sell one three years ago while unemployed, though come to think of it I think I kept a whole bunch of the mags that I used with it (still hoping to someday buy a Thompson). Bottom line is you just have to use...
  11. cvasqu03

Uzi K grip screws

Interesting. Would these screws also work on regular handguards and pistol grips?
  12. cvasqu03

Uzi Parts Kit. How'd I do?

Seeing as how barrels could go for anywhere from $200-$300 alone (maybe more), I'd say you did alright. Particularly since you got a full lower, and a repair section.
  13. cvasqu03

How Many Types of Cartridges you Reload?

Good question. I'd have to break it up between actual reloading and aspirational reloading (as in what I'm set up to reload but haven't yet gotten around to). Actual reloading: 380 ACP - this was the first caliber I ever reloaded for and started with a little LEE Loader kit and a hammer...
  14. cvasqu03

Searching for UZI BlackJack buffers to buy (...in Germany)

I'd heard of this and had a question. How thick do they make the buffer?
  15. cvasqu03

WTB: Micro Uzi Case

LOL, ya snooze, ya lose. We're all a bunch of vultures. :)
  16. cvasqu03

My new UZI brass catcher

From what I saw and heard, the Herr-Pear one was the best, but it seemed to interfere with optics (which I don't run). I actually got the second to last one he ever made and feel fortunate to have gotten it but though he'd said he wouldn't mind anyone copying the design, nobody seems to have...
  17. cvasqu03

Anyone try one of the Brownells Aluma-Hyde II Parkerizing paint?

It's Aluma-Hyde II 12 oz Parkerizing Gray. Back in the day I had to purchase it straight from Brownell's, but now it's available through Amazon as well.
  18. cvasqu03

What's the thread size on UZI handguard screws?

Thank you both, this is great information.
  19. cvasqu03

Yes, the texture was a bit of a surprise to me, but it helped sell the idea that it's simulating parkerization. If it looked shiny grey, it would be obvious it was painted. I was actually pretty happy with it, but never got the 45 conversion to work reliably and I later tried using it with a...
  20. cvasqu03

I have no experience with Group/Vector receivers, but I did use the grey parkerizing spray on an unfinished NodakSpud receiver that I used to (try to) run with an IMI 45 conversion. I used the spray to finish the receiver then I also painted a blued trigger group and factory top cover to match...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter