Search results

1. S

BEST suppressed pistol design?

The Glock uses the classic Browning tilting bbl design. Add a long heavy suppressor to the end of the bbl and now you essentially have a teeter totter with one side longer than the other with a fat kid sitting on it. Why you need a Nielson device to make it cycle, and Glocks are iffy with the...
  2. S

BEST suppressed pistol design?

Just leave off the Nielson Device and go with a medium weight suppressor on a stock Glock. Manual repeater, no mods needed.
  3. S

I loaded 158 grain SWC in 9mm cases and it works ... KIND OF NOT GREAT

Back in the day when I was shooting IPSC I had forgotten me and my friends were going to shoot that weekend and only remembered Friday after work when everything was closed and one called me. I was shooting my stock Steyr GB 9mm and had maybe 20-some reloads left. No suitable bullets to load up...
  4. S

Need help

Someone is selling UZI kits over on Weaponsguild for the cheapest I have seen them in a while. Not affiliated with the seller, just passing along a good deal if anyone is interested. Might want to verify the bolts are complete with extractor. Remove spaces in link. weaponsguild...
  5. S

Need help

D&D is no more, US Barrel Shrouds and RTG is about it for full line parts and a lot are out of stock. Be wary of extractors these days, lots of new repros that don't work and few originals for sale. You can try to bend and retension an old extractor, they are the same basic design as the one in...
  6. S

Need help

Remove your recoil spring and put it back together. With the trigger pulled in FA does the bolt move fully forward and rearward under it's own weight when you tilt the gun up and down? With an empty mag in place and the top over off can you feel the bolt hitting the feed lips? Have the trunnion...
  7. S

Printed UZI mag insert

Cool, now where's the file? 😁
  8. S

UZI Extractors

Does IWI still make the UZI Pro? Same extractor, and they used to have these parts kits in stock: https://iwi.us/product/uzi-pro-parts-kit/
  9. S

Is there such a thing as a S&W imported Uzi?

Manufacturers often acquire firearms for research purposes so it is possible they imported one or two back in the day. AFAIK they never imported any for sale. At least I don't remember ever reading about it in the UZI book or articles over the years. Only a pre-68 import would be transferable.
  10. S

Registered sear breakage?

Fleming HK sears were made by him because HK OEM parts back then were rare. The UZI one appears to be an IMI one he registered and engraved, not something he made.
  11. S

Where to find 80% video

The instructions say to drill the FCG pin holes from each side with a hand drill, I have always just used a drill press with the jig laying on the table, handheld to align the bit with no problems. Actually cutting out the pocket requires a cross slide vise and drill press unless you want it to...
  12. S

Safe Deposit Box Storage?

Or put it on consignment sale with them for $60K and hope the devaluation of the USD doesn't catch up to you before you return...
  13. S

Where to find 80% video

The manuals are here: https://polymer80.com/how-to-manuals/ Not much need for a vid, drill out the FCG holes and mill the pocket in it. Trigger slot. Done. Jig should have the outline of the cuts and instructions have the depth.
  14. S

Safe Deposit Box Storage?

Hopefully no one kept theirs in this place... https://www.foxnews.com/media/fbi-took-86-million-safe-deposit-boxes-appeals-court-decide-constitutional
  15. S

Is Wild Geese the best “UZI” movie ever?

Helps avoid toe loss... I kinda like Raid on Entebbe, Charles Bronson with an UZI is indeed a killing machine. Imagine the damage Paul Kersey coulda done with one! In the classic original (and only!) Magnum PI, Magnum used a select fire UZI several times when he needed extra firepower. He...
  16. S

Why is it that 9mm 147gn projectiles are not RN.

Exactly. When dealing with a fixed diameter, you have only two ways to increase weight, assuming same lead alloy. Make it longer or change shape to make more of the projectile full diameter, or a combo of the two.
  17. S

OOB discharge due to casehead separation

Lee makes a "bulge buster" kit that pushes the case through the body of their factory crimp die, the carbide sizer ring swages it down. 9mm being a tapered case, you use the Makarov die. Mainly for removing the the little bulge from Glock unsupported chambers at the feed ramp. Commercial brass...
  18. S

Cost to sandblast and Parkerize Uzi receiver

Unless things have changed, you can put the required maker info on the bbl. Serial number is required on frame, other info can be on bbl. Of course ATF changes things all the time, but as of a year or so ago it was Kosher.
  19. S

Please help Identify these 9mm Magazines

They also fit the AUG with the 9mm conversion kit.
  20. S

Cost to sandblast and Parkerize Uzi receiver

The Brownells solution is reusable, you mix up a replenishment solution with the concentrate and replace what evaporated away. This also replaces the acid and metal used up by the process. Commercial operations generally test each tank and adjust ingredients as needed. Park solutions are just...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter