Search results

1. R

M11a1 Recoil rod length

I just measured 3.88" and 2.79"
  2. R

The Wild Geese Uzis

You mean like this UZi-MAC hybrid? LOL! From Dogs of War (1980). It looks like they did have several real uzis, but for whatever reason used one of the obvious fakes for a split second close up.
  3. R

Handy M11A1 Case

Unfortunately no! That could be a handy feature to keep. Here's the first interior I slapped together to try to keep stuff organized but it takes up a lot of space. The box is just tall enough to fit the gun vertically with the stock removed and I've thought about making a frame out of wood or...
  4. R

Handy M11A1 Case

Took my little mac out today today and thought I'd share a pic of the convenient case I've used for the last few years, a Stanley 10qt lunch box. Its got enough room for the gun, stock, spare upper, can, a few tools, and several 30 and 50 rd shockwaves. I've started to build a more organized...
  5. R

Suomi coffin (50 rd) mags compatible with Lage MAX 31-C?

Don't forget a mag loader too. They're impossible to load without one. Also, I'm sending a PM.
  6. R

Frustrating M11A1 extractor/CFWa malfunction

Good to hear from you too Matt. I still haven't made it back there despite a few plans but will let you know when I do. Aside from being a priceless source of information and parts, I really appreciated that Practical Solutions included a pocket copy of the constitution with my last order. Sam...
  7. R

Gauging Interest in Tungsten Slow Fire Bolts

Gaujo, I did a search here and on Richard's page but didn't find any info. What was the concern? I've used one for a few years in a 31A and the bolt never bottoms out and it runs very smoothly. Hopefully I haven't been doing any harm. Rob
  8. R

Thanks! I did just what you said and can see it is misaligned vertically. I'll live with it and keep shooting my oem upper as a 380 and CF-Ws in others. I really really appreciate the wealth of experience and knowledge here. PS, took the ghost out this evening with a CF-W bolt and had another...
  9. R

Yep, original upper that I swapped a couple difference 9mm barrels onto. I shot is a bunch with a CF-W bolt a few years back with no issue.
  10. R

Thanks Scott. I never noticed it before but on one bolt "9MM A" is written with the 2 Ms the same size as the numeral 9 and the capital A about 2/3 of that size. On the other bolt the 9 and the A are the same size but the 2 Ms are about 2/3 of that size. Thanks for that link. I should have...
  11. R

All ideas welcome! This has frustrated me a bunch over the last few days! I've got 2 CFW-A bolts I usually use an a grey ghost and max31A, but decided the swap one into the stock M11A1 upper. I haven't done that for a few years but it used to work just fine. Now, when the bolt drops the...
  12. R

Actual current market for a M11-nine?

I noticed exactly the same thing and know who you're talking about. His very high winning bids always go to either the same handful of accounts or to a brand new one. I'll never be dealing with him. Buyer beware.
  13. R

New Lage Products!

I can confirm! Years ago I was shooting my steel gen 1 max31A from a bipod (thankfully) and had a cut down wooden AK fore end and had a bad OOB. The fore end turned to splinters and the side of the receiver bulged (easily fixed, I LOVE the built-like-a-tank steel uppers). I was really glad I...
  14. R

B&T Station Six 9mm

I've had this for about two months now and have shot the heck out of it, so I thought I'd share my impressions. Not really a review as there are already a ton of those with all of the specs, etc, just what I like and the quirks I've noticed. For folks who aren't familiar, this is a modern...
  15. R

Help me reason this out

Here's my max31a @424rpm. I love this set up off of a bipod for walking fire around.
  16. R

Tips on building a workbench?

Make any intermediate shelf high enough off of the floor to be able to store things under it. I made 24' of benches so I could slide a rubbermaid totes under the shelf that I use to store materials, bulk bullets, etc in a sorted and clean out of the way manner.
  17. R

I gave my STEN a Finnish accent

Skoda, I've got two loop stocks that I wrapped the narrow portion of with a rawhide strip. That made them nicer to shoot in the cold and still fit the utilitarian appearance of the gun.
  18. R

I gave my STEN a Finnish accent

That has a REALLY nice classic look to it. The 2nd gen blowback tube SMGs may well be obsolete by every modern standard (as are admittedly MOST SMGs from any age) but they have nice sense of style especially when they incorporate wood. If most transferables are really just range toy there's zero...
  19. R

Really need your Help!

Post on machinegunboards.com. LOTs of Thompson gurus there and I'm sure someone has one.
  20. R

My new Sten

Yep, if you look closely at the top picture you'll notice that the real sten no longer has a front sight, because it departed for parts unknown on the prior range trip! I still took it out today regardless to test a few recently acquired mags . Jolague, it is a DLO with a 1980s Ceiner can. Rob

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter