1. brenbuilds

Tabs for converting sten mags for the max 31s

Well, heck. I will take 5 if possible.
  2. brenbuilds

What is this gun

Indeed. Sig P226 X Five.
  3. brenbuilds

Interesting malfunctions

Is the sear geometry okay? A worn or out of spec sear could allow the bolt to bounce forward slightly when it engages the corresponding surface on the bolt. This could be worsened by a worn selector, or selector hole allowing the bolt to slightly slap the top cartridge in the magazine into the...
  4. brenbuilds

My new FNC RR what are must have add ons?

Gun South Inc/ HOWCO imported about 1,000 semi-automatic FNC's in the early 80's along with FAL's and later AUG's ( which created a legal matter). I believe GSI did the conversions themselves, but I don't know that to a certainty.
  5. brenbuilds

FAST efile transfer times

One of the issues is NICS being stuck in a pending status with the FBI. You can email their NICS liaison and sometimes they can resolve it in a few days. After that clears the ATF will approve your forms in a few days. This has usually been the case for very lengthy waits. Two inefficient...
  6. brenbuilds

RIA auction 16Feb NFA prices realized

These Prices are certainly all over the place. That PAWS ZX5 seemed undervalued, and a Wilson STEN MKII with Springfield 03-A3 sights outpacing a STEN MK. V!
  7. brenbuilds

RIA auction 16Feb NFA prices realized

It could be because it is integrally suppressed and was built on a Pot Said parts kit. Unfortunately parts kits are not very common anymore, and rather expensive. The suppressed M3 was also a bit low.
  8. brenbuilds

Have you ever seen receiver wear in your UZI?

UZI top covers can cause slightly more wear if they are too tight( or bring the gun to a halt), but nothing truly damaging to the gun. There is generally less flexion of the top cover towards the front and rear, which could explain the more pronounced wear towards the trunnion. You will not wear...
  9. brenbuilds

New 5.0" STEN barrel

Nice find. I just ordered once myself.
  10. brenbuilds

SMG Bolt Dimple in the firing pin

It's a registered bolt.
  11. brenbuilds

Ammo question

European ammo is typically hotter than American brands; Fiocchi and Sellier & Bellot are high quality ammo manufacturers and their ammo tends to run better than Winchester white box, or Blazer which are notoriously under powered. 124 gr. projectiles are also ideal for subguns as the imparted...
  12. brenbuilds

Suomi Mag loader/ Lula Loader?

No loaders were ever made for drums. With some practice and experience you can get them loaded fairly quickly, not to mention it's easier on the hands than loading double column, single feed magazines ( even with a mag loader).
  13. brenbuilds

SMG Bolt Dimple in the firing pin

I've had good success with Zinc Point (Servicios y Adventuras). They are manufactured in Argentine, and importation largely spawned from the shortage here in the U.S. The primer cups are slightly thicker ( I don't have the dimensions on hand, but in line with SR primers) so they do not always...
  14. brenbuilds

New production bolt/upper (ROF)

Supposedly, the guy that runs USmachineguns.com might make the bolts for FTF Solutions. I spoke with him on the phone once and he said much of their parts are made in house. That being said, I can't say for certain. FTF and USmachineguns do appear to have the same CNC machine bolts though. I...
  15. brenbuilds

Former RPB employees?

I would surmise that either the "R" indicates rifle, or-for some reason- it is a proof mark of some type. The "R" overstamp on the magazine does remind me of a armorer's proof mark or initial, or even a re-arsenal mark; granted there really isn't a history of that being done in the MAC world to...
  16. brenbuilds

M10 still in use…

Romanian MD-86 AK with a an AG40 grenade launcher.
  17. brenbuilds

Lower egging prevention

I don't have a lathe, but if any of you fine gentlemen happen to produce several Delrin take down pins, I will happily purchase several. I have a very early JAWS Avenger that lack tabs ( all original Hatton/JAWS lowers did not have tabs). Delrin is the engineer's plastic!
  18. brenbuilds

K

^This. Best mags ever.
  19. brenbuilds

FA Vector Arms UZI Ratcheting Top Cover Issue

The ratcheting teeth don't look too bad. Make sure the cocking knob is not too loose; additionally. remove the top cover and flip it over. You will be able to see the ratcheting mechanism. Be certain the spring clip is not bent or dislodged, as that can cause issues.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter