AC556 in 300 Blackout?

lonniejt

UZI Talk Life Member
I know somebody here has thought of this, but have you actually done the conversion? I just got a Ruger AC556 and I wish that I had acquired one years ago. I know Ruger is making a Mini 14 in 300 B/O now and all I see on this end is a barrel change. Bolt and Magazine should be the same.

Am I missing something??? Lonnie Joe

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I’ve contemplated it but never pulled the trigger as I don’t see the real need as ammo is expensive and reloading components are still stupid expensive (if you can find them). It would be cool though.

After passing on the 300 idea, I really wanted to do a 7.62x39 setup but figured 556 and 22lr is good enough for me.

I would think a barrel change would be the only thing that’s required. However, I’m not sure if the new (sh*tty looking) receivers have the same thread pattern for the barrel but I think they would.

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
I really liked my shorty AC556 w/.22 lr conversion. In 3-round burst mode it made the mags last a bit longer when the newby shooters want to try a real 'sheen gun.

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
It's entirely feasible, but not cost effective. 300 Blackout is pricey compare to .223/5.56

lonniejt

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a Ciener .22 Kit and I will definitely try it before I buy any barrels. I have a couple of rifles in 300 Blackout, so I have the ammo. Maybe not for a lot of full auto fire!!!

rentprop1

stupid question, is there a 7.62x39 version of the AC556 ??.....would be a cheap alternative, the mini 30 already exists, so why not ??

lonniejt

UZI Talk Life Member
Yes, the Mini 30 is in 7.62 X 39, but uses a Ruger Magazine that is not reliable. I had an AC556 years ago and I contacted an "expert" on the AK Conversion and he said the Mini 30 and Mini 14 receivers were different and he would not recommend it. Since the 223 and the 300 B/O are the same cartridge, just necked up to take a 30 Cal bullet, I thought it was doable, especially since Ruger is making a Mini 14 in 300 B/O.

I am just "checking the water" to see if anybody has done this yet!!!

lonniejt

UZI Talk Life Member
They improve accuracy on several rifles, as noted. These are the guys that told me years ago that the Mini 14 and Mini 30 Receivers were not the same and they would not install a Mini 30 barrel into my AC556. This is the reason I thought a 300 Blackout might be possible.

ElaineStacy

Banned
bitcoin mixer

A bitcoin mixer or bitcoin tumbler is an superficial assistance that can obfuscate the facts linking you to btc mixing.
Bitcoin mixing is extremely beneficial for those who want to regain concluded privacy of their transactions and funds because it makes upon tracing impossible.
Bitcoin mixers or bitcoin tumblers have befit a basic, as numberless cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms coerce exclusive documents to be found identity. The manipulate of these services has taken away the essence feature that made blockchain technology so acclaimed in the first place — privacy.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter