AC556 & Mini 14 bolts

happycamper

UZI Talk Supporter
OK guys...... need some help. I had taken both my ac and mini apart and put in the 22 kits. I had the parts separated but with out thinking I grabbed one set and put it where I had the other set. How do you tell the difference between the ac bolt and parts and the mini 14 bolt and parts?

JasonAC556

UZI Talk Life Member
Unless your Mini is a Ranch rifle, all parts are the same. Only need to check to make sure the bolt headspaces properly in both rifles. What are the serial number prefixes for your AC and Mini? If you have a 191 series AC and a 181-186 series Mini, then you have no worries.

JasonAC556

UZI Talk Life Member
The slide is different? How so? Never seen that before. I have interchanged these parts on several different rifles before. Do you have pictures?

ateamrob

as stated before.... all should be the same. If it works in both weapons, go with it.

parts should be the same. Even though Ruger considers them a "factory fit" item, they should work. If not switch them back and your good to go

Rob

dbailey

ateamrob said:
as stated before.... all should be the same. If it works in both weapons, go with it.

parts should be the same. Even though Ruger considers them a "factory fit" item, they should work. If not switch them back and your good to go

Rob

Rob - is there a way to tell what series the bolt is?

JasonAC556

UZI Talk Life Member
dbailey said:
Rob - is there a way to tell what series the bolt is?

I know I'm not Rob, but I can't help it.....I gotta answer this!!! ;)

Early series Mini14/AC556 rifles (series 180/190 respecively) had roller bearings on the bolt projections (part that fit into the op-rod) like the M14. Later Mini14/AC556 rifles (series 181-186/191 respectively) did not have this bearing. Third model bolts, also known as Ranch Rifles, (series 187-197) are exactly the same as the earlier bolts except that they substitute the bolt face plunger ejector for a lateral groove milled into the right side of the bolt (looking at it from the front) for the bolt stop/ejector assembly of the later Ranch (side eject) Rifles.

Useless info time: Series 187-197 Mini14 bolts can be used in AC556 rifles as long as the bolt stop/ejector assembly is swapped out to accomodate the side eject/Ranch bolt.

ateamrob

ha ha....

I am glad Jason took this one because he answered it better than me anyways..... :)

Rob

Mr.Rogue

191 series Ruger AC556

Hello,
I have a similar situation where as I have upgraded my AC556 completely at accuracy systems in Colorado. Carl stated I should look for a new / replacement bolt as he had “preened” mine out a bit and said it has seen some use. I get FTF in semi and some in full auto sometimes. He thinks the bolt face and extractor may have issues. I’d like to get another new bolt but a quality used one would suffice. Where can I get one and what am I looking for In compatibility? Thanks I’m advance
Stefan

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter