AC556 prices skyrocketing.

regalgseguy

Has anyone else noticed how the asking prices of the AC556 has shot up in the past couple of months? Gunbroker and Spiwak are asking well above 10K for a used condition one and higher for a NIB. 2 months ago I shopped around and bought an unfired AC556 blue folder short barrel for $8400. The asking prices now are in the 12K range. What happened? And yes, I'm very glad I bought when I did.

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
IMHO, Spiwak sets the dealer market price for these.

Blued folder:
Spiwak: 12.5K https://www.davidspiwak.com/guns/
Reuben: 13.5K https://dealernfa.com/shop/ruger-ac556f-folder-excellent-19105726/

Amoskeag auction in March:
417 Ruger KAC-556F Assault Rifle 10.35K
418 Ruger AC-556F Assault Rifle 10.35K
420 Ruger AC-556F Assault Rifle 9.2K

Dunno, I think you got a decent price at $8400 a couple months back.
Did you purchase it from an individual or on GB?

What was Spiwak asking when you bought at $8400?

b_saan

Well there's a form 3 blue folder on Sturm and MGC for $10,995.00 that isn't sold yet. IMO asking prices have always been high on AC556s, sales prices are another story.

regalgseguy

IMHO, Spiwak sets the dealer market price for these.

Blued folder:
Spiwak: 12.5K https://www.davidspiwak.com/guns/
Reuben: 13.5K https://dealernfa.com/shop/ruger-ac556f-folder-excellent-19105726/

Amoskeag auction in March:
417 Ruger KAC-556F Assault Rifle 10.35K
418 Ruger AC-556F Assault Rifle 10.35K
420 Ruger AC-556F Assault Rifle 9.2K

Dunno, I think you got a decent price at $8400 a couple months back.
Did you purchase it from an individual or on GB?

What was Spiwak asking when you bought at $8400?

Spiwak had a similar NIB one at the time for $8600. I bought mine fron a class 3 dealer on Strum. Asking prices are up 2K+ from March.

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
Asking prices are up 2K+ from March.

No they aren’t. They are down several grand over the last 2 years. Among transferables they have been hit hardest. Even the West Hurley guns have held their skirts compared to the ac556.

Prices going up from what? They are the same prices today as they were about 4-7 years ago at the beginning of the upswing.

rentprop1

You guys have to remember those are asking prices and a stretch in the high direction if you ask me.... there are plenty of dealers myself included that have list of local buyers and we don't advertise an inflated asking price on the net, just to say look what we got for sale ....we still get it sold, but do you really know what those high inflated prices actually sell for.....no.

I know a dealer who has one for sale right now well under 9,000 but it is a consignment gun and he had to build his profit on top of the seller's ask.... there is a lot of wiggle room in there depending on the right buyer and the terms

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
It appears that the values peaked sometime last year according to the machine gun price guide online. I am not sure how the site gets the data for the charts but here is a link. http://machinegunpriceguide.com/html/us_mg_1.html

price guide is a scam!!! he just cherry picks prices from rubens website...ive given him my deals and deals of people i know...he thanks me and i have yet to see ONE of them in his charts....they show dealer asking prices only....ill go as far as to believe the big dealers control that chart

i have gotten deals 3-4k under what his chart shows on every purchase for 2 years...i gave up giving him the info....i asked him a few times when my info would be included.........always an excuse...

i used to use the price guide too....when i was a fresh into the hobby...now i used sold GB auctions...

Kramer

price guide is a scam!!! he just cherry picks prices from rubens website...ive given him my deals and deals of people i know...he thanks me and i have yet to see ONE of them in his charts....they show dealer asking prices only....ill go as far as to believe the big dealers control that chart

i have gotten deals 3-4k under what his chart shows on every purchase for 2 years...i gave up giving him the info....i asked him a few times when my info would be included.........always an excuse...

i used to use the price guide too....when i was a fresh into the hobby...now i used sold GB auctions...

Wow, at least I am not alone in knowing that price guide has been a scam. I do my own research when going to buy a MG and I never use that guide.

The NFA tracker is also a joke. Mainly due to the idiots that have been feeding it made up times to mess with peoples heads.

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
You def want to be aiming at the low end of the range if you use that guide on "common" transferables...

Fishman

NFA tracker has always been spot on for me. There's obvious outliers on the graph that are likely due to user error or other circumstances, possibly trolling too.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
are yall even paying attention?
there's a short barrel on GB right now for $9200 with a grand in accessories.
buy it now

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
I would have picked that up if I had seen it.. been too busy this week to look at GB.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter