Anybody messed with a 0-1-2-D trigger group?

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I've heard people running 4 position but I think all of the ones I've seen were 3 round burst. Anybody messed with the 2 round burst 4 position version?
3-MP5-Trigger-Groups-JULY-20161.jpg

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
I've used the 0-1-2-F burst packs; never taken one apart, though.
I thought the only difference between a 0-1-2-D pack and a 0-1-3-D pack was the counting wheel.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
I've used the 0-1-2-F burst packs; never taken one apart, though.
I thought the only difference between a 0-1-2-D pack and a 0-1-3-D pack was the counting wheel.

That was my understanding as well. The pack can have a different counting wheel to change the number of rounds per burst. Unlike a M16, the mechanism resets per release of the trigger. If you have a 3 round trigger pack, but you let go early. The next pull of the trigger will give you three rounds. With the 3 round burst M16 fire control. If you let go early and only fire two shots, the next pull of the trigger will only give you one round. Because that is the balance of the 3 round burst that is left. Personally I find the four position burst trigger packs a waste. My brother spent almost $1,000.00 having a virgin sear installed by a name brand HK Smith. The only time he uses the burst position is with a new shooter. I start new shooters with five rounds in the mag. If they can get two bursts, I move the number of rounds in the mag to 10. As long as the new shooter can show control, I will increase the number of rounds in the mag. Good luck with your project.

Scott

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Also, I believe the only difference between a 0-1-[2|3] group and 0-1-[2|3]-D group if the left selector lever.
HK makes an ambi selector lever that excludes selecting full-auto.

ccosby

So that chart is missing the first one that had burst which was a modified sef style setup. That trigger box is actually longer.

The ambi safe semi burst pack is identical to the safe, semi, burst, full pack. The left selector is just different. The ambi burst packs difference is the burst wheel, a lot of the 2 position packs had the wheel modified to do 3 round burst. 2 round burst was considered less desirable which is why I think they held out longer.

As A&S said the burst is best for new shooters. You could just load a few rounds into a mag if the host is magfed(something like the 21 it would be a pain to pull a half used belt out but its possible). I personally prefer the burst trigger group for this reason.

rsideout

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a 4 position 2 round burst pack that I primarily run in my MP5K. I get 3 to 5 extra seconds of additional fun out of a 30 round mag than I would with the 3 round burst pack setup. :)

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter