Anyone else got ex RUC AC556?

omegaspeedy

Hi guys,

A long time ago I bought an ex RUC AC556 which was modified prior to purchase to a Mini 14. A few select fire components were removed, the bayonet lug removed, AC556 was ground off, Mini 14 stamped where it was and the flash hider removed.

I was wondering if anyone else got one and has looked into it's history?

I'll share some pic's once I figure out how.

Cheers

anm2_man

UZI Talk Supporter
Hi guys,

A long time ago I bought an ex RUC AC556 which was modified prior to purchase to a Mini 14. A few select fire components were removed, the bayonet lug removed, AC556 was ground off, Mini 14 stamped where it was and the flash hider removed.

I was wondering if anyone else got one and has looked into it's history?

I'll share some pic's once I figure out how.

Cheers

Well did they also grind off the serial # ? If so it maybe unique ! Note that the AC556 Receiver is longer in dimension vs a Mini 14. And there would be a hole on the right side of the receiver to accommodate the select fire linkage. Ruger exported many weapons to all European countries as did many other American manufactures. Never have seen any pictures other than a few internet items.

wrongrecroom

Pics would be nice ... Very few I would guess are in the USA ...Being they were full auto guns and all ..Maybe a few parts kits or SOT samples ...

Pics would be nice ...I think some NZ prisons used them and the RUC and the French esp really liked them

It sounds like they made it into a CAT A rifle ..So is it a pinned to 7 round mag or a 5 round mag? That would be the only reason they would take off all the stuff as some people in NZ as you know have permits to own (not really use though ) Full auto guns ..So my guess is some dealer got some ex police rifles and made them into CAT A ranch rifles ...

The countries I know that used AC556 were Berumanda ( though mostly semi auto mini over FA) the french had there own models ..Some police and prison though that is mostly here ..Not sure were else

Pics would be nice

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter