Anyone have CAD of Reising mags?

Deerhurst

I have a little side project involving the Reising. Anyone have prints for the Reising mags?

dalbert

Administrator
Staff member
I will be surprised if you find anything of this sort. I have a couple of Reising blueprints, but not for the mags.

David

19Steve67

I have a little side project involving the Reising. Anyone have prints for the Reising mags?
Speaking for those of us that own a Reising, please keep us informed on your " Reising side project ".
I am interested in anything pertaining to the Reising Model 50.

Deerhurst

It will be slow work as I don't have a Reising and I'm working with a buddy who has one on this. His idea has steam rolled and I'm branching off of it.

All I'm gonna say for now so I don't get anyone's hopes up.

Deerhurst

Rev 3 seems to fit, just need to test it with live fire. Rev 4 will be more complicated and more user friendly. This project is around the 45ACP Reising.

Just a little "I'm still working on it" update. Also building a belt fed and a PM-63 at the same time as I get burned out on each project for a little while.

Now that my mill is on the floor I can get a bit more serious about machining things.

19Steve67

Rev 3 seems to fit, just need to test it with live fire. Rev 4 will be more complicated and more user friendly. This project is around the 45ACP Reising.

Just a little "I'm still working on it" update. Also building a belt fed and a PM-63 at the same time as I get burned out on each project for a little while.

Now that my mill is on the floor I can get a bit more serious about machining things.
Thank you for your update.
I check everyday!!!

Deerhurst

Going to drop off Rev 3 with my buddy tomorrow while I do Rev 4. R4 is getting complicated. Only so much surface area to work with. R4 is more of what I want to see it become vs just usable in R3.

I really hope it works out.

Deerhurst

Rev 3 failure. Rev 4 to be tested. dimensional tweaks.

It's kinda branched off into 2 slightly different projects.

Deerhurst

This project is still alive. Just been busy and the weather has been cold, rainy and snowy. I don't shoot in the rain and I don't think I can make it to my shooting pit due to snow so testing has not happened yet.

Deerhurst

Test fired things today for a function check. First live fire test. Ran 100%. Got some more stuff to do before anything will be released. Want to get this right the first time. Very excited it worked as well as it did!

Sorry it is going slow. Got use my buddies Reising and do it all between my own projects, work and life in general.

Deerhurst

Making new 20/30rd mags?
Sorta. More of making a cheaper option. It started as a buddy wanting cheaper mags for his Reising and has kinda steamrolled from there.

I don't really want to get people's hopes up in case it doesn't work out. Only had one outing with one type. While the results were promising and very encouraging there is still work left to go. Type 1, the one tested, is not the polished product I want yet but is cheaper. Type 2 will be much more polished and what I would want but more expensive. I have plans for a Type 3 that should open up a whole nother can of worms if it works. That one will be quite a bit more work. I need to get a final design, materials and time to make Type 2 to test. Type 3 will come after that and may not physically work.

I do want to bring these to the Reising community, just may take a little longer than we all want. I've got a lot of irons in the fire.

Deerhurst

Sorry for the late reply. Its still going. Im also working on a couple rewelds plus my day job so its going slow. I goofed on the first physical prototype for Type 2 and need some bar stock, time and to make more chips. The weather has been like the business end of a fire hose so testing has also not been a thing.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter