Arm brace to Uzi pistol help

JDMENT

First of all, I'm not a machinist. I'm trying to put a Sig Sauer folding arm brace (for the MPX) on my Uzi pistol using a StormWerkz Stock Adapter Type 2.

To do so, I have to drill a hole in the back of the pistol. I plan to drill and tap the hole to 1/4-20 for the bolt supplied with the stock adapter. I may have enough threads to put a thin nut on the inside of the receiver.

The problem I have encountered is drilling the receiver. What is this metal made of! My drill bit are getting destroyed. I'm using Dewalt cobalt drill bits and cutting fluid.

Any technique pointers or equipment recommendations would be appreciated.

Jim

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
IMI didn't heat tree the receiver on the full size UZI or the Mini UZI but they did heat treat the receivers on the UZI Pistol and Micro UZI due to concerns about wear on the thinner steel used in those models.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Since you presumably don't have a Milling Machine, I would recommend one of the following:

1) Find a Gunsmith local to do it for you;
2) Find a Gun Friendly Machinest to do it for you;
3) Send it to an Uzi Gunsmith (You can find one on this site)
4) Spot Anneal the area and then drill it;
5) Use a Diamond Bit.

Best of luck

RWBlue01

JDMENT, how's your project going?

If you can get the hole in the receiver, I would suggest using the little nut for the full sized UZI vs. trying to thread the hole. The part is readily available and the sheet mettle isn't thick enough to thread good.

I am heading down the same path, but starting with a build of the mini.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter