Can anyone identify the maker of this magazine?

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Rubber 'bumper' floorplate, 20 rounds, extra mag catch cut. No markings.

Any idea who the maker is, and of what era?

W9CL689.jpg
[/IMG]

DJ67e3g.jpg
[/IMG]

ak5qkZX.jpg
[/IMG]

1Hsd4j0.jpg
[/IMG]

Member13

pic of the side with extra mag catch? Looks like it may be for the at-9...but cant see that side where the mag catch is

SecondAmend

I've no idea who made them; but I have three just like it that I bought off CDNN a long time ago, and the ad did not have a maker listed. I don't recall the price.
Good luck.
MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

ETA: The base plate is plastic, not rubber. Though it does look like rubber.

Last edited:

Member13

the ones I had for the AT-9 had the mag catch more in the center, still might be for one but not sure.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
I think the Feather AT-9 mags have the catch notch in the front of the mag, not the rear. But I need to see some more, clearer photos.

I see discussion on other forums that suggest these could be used in AR15 9mm conversions, depending on the mag block.

What puzzles me most is the round 'bump' on the floorplate; it suggests that the gun that these were intended for has a mirror cutout in the front of the grip.

Member13

I think the Feather AT-9 mags have the catch notch in the front of the mag, not the rear. But I need to see some more, clearer photos.

I had two of the 50 round ones for the AT-9 and the cutout was in the center of the side of the mag. I sold them to a guy who owns a AT-9 and he said they work in his gun and the other mags he has also have cutout was in the center.

SecondAmend

No doubt. It was part of a package, essentially free, and I'm just trying to figure out who made it and for what gun so I can find a home for it. Maybe I'll test it, or swap floorplates....

The ones I have work okay in my Uzis, and I assume that they would work okay in a Colt pattern AR as well assuming that they fit in the magwell or magwell adapter as the latch notch appears to be at the correct location. The only complaint that I have is that the unknown brand 20 round mags are too "fat" to fit in the VM-Hytech AR magwell adapter that I have. But that said, parkerized IMI are the only standard type Uzi mags that fit in the adapter - painted mags are a no-go.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

ETA: And FWIW, neither IMI nor ProMag .45 ACP Uzi mags will fit into the VM-Hytech AR magwell adapter.

Last edited:

ballbearings

That looks like a USA Magazines mag. I bought several in a package deal and I believe they have the same floor plate on them.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Funny...USA Magazines has sort of disappeared from the interweb. For good reason, but still odd there is virtually no information that would allow a visual match.

SecondAmend

As well as having three of the 20 round mags as are pictured and being reasonably certain I bought from CDNN; I also have a 50 round stick Uzi 9mm mag that I also bought from CDNN and it is, I am sure, a USA brand mag. I'm sure because it really sucks and one tends to remember not to buy such things again. Other than being a black colored, Uzi 9mm stick mag, it is different in virtually every way from the pictured mag and the three 20 round mags I have.
CNDD is, for many items, a seller of out-of-business, surplus, over-run, and the like items. USA may have been a intermediary surplus buyer that sold mags from various sources to CDNN. Or USA may have been a company that had mags made for them from different companies and branded to the USA name (e.g., the Kirkland brand sold by CostCo). For a couple years, when CMMG first started making Atchisson pattern .22 conversions for the AR pattern firearms, all of the CMMG .22 mags were made by Black Dog Machine (BDM). BDM also made the .22 conversion mags for Spikes Tactical, and those were dual branded, as were the .22 mags BDM made later for 2A Armament.

So, unless you can find a physically branded example of the same type as that pictured, or run across someone from the manufacturer, I don't know how one could independently determine the actual maker.

Best of luck.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

JoshNC

That looks like a USA Magazines mag. I bought several in a package deal and I believe they have the same floor plate on them.

Yep. That was my first thought upon seeing it. As a teenager during the 94 ban, I bough a couple USA Magazines for my Glock 17. Total turds.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter