Coastal Arms MIMS Thread Adapter

collector98

Hey all,

I have a second-hand .45 mims I'm waiting for the stamp on, but it comes with the giant 7/8x9 thread adapter for the M10. I recently bought the Lage 10/31 and would like to use that suppressor with the 1/2x28 threads. Would anyone happen to have the thread adapter measurements, so I can get one made for my new upper? I know Coastal Arms made this adapter, but they've been out of business for a while now. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

HighriseATX

UZI Talk Life Member

Might reach out to TROS and see if they will do a 1/2x28 to 7/8x9.

Bobby Boucher

UZI Talk Life Member
I have had TROS do some work and he is top notch. I’d be confident in any work he does.

WaffleJammer

I hadn't heard of the M.I.M.S suppressor before and found this company seems to make a version of it now. You may see if their mounts would fit an original. I have no idea how legitimate the company is, I've never done business with them.

Garrett

Might reach out to TROS and see if they will do a 1/2x28 to 7/8x9.
I would NOT recommend going this route.

(This is not a negative comment about Mark’s adapters. I have a few of them and they’re great).

The coarse 7/8-9 MAC threads are terrible pitch for a silencer. The can will loosen as you shoot it and when it does you will get baffle strikes. Ask me how I know.

When I had a can with .45 MAC threads and wanted to shoot it on a 9mm, I drilled and pinned the adapter in place so the can couldn’t back off the adapter.

Finding an appropriate replacement thread mount for the can is a much better solution. Worst case, take your 7/8-9 Mount to a machinist and have them duplicate the OD threads and cut 1/2-28 ID threads.

Starvingboy

I can dig around, I probably have what you are looking for. MIMS can is what Brian included with the Stemple guns. The end comes off, and I have a second adapter, but I forget what size. Neat design, but it really needs wrench flats.

Starvingboy

My MIMMS can has a .578x28 thread adapter, in addition to the MAC one. The can is built around the idea of swapping the thread adapter to make it fit multiple guns and calibers. Send me an IM and I can send you a picture.

Loco

I suuuure wish someone made a MAC-thread-to-3 lug adapter.

HighriseATX

UZI Talk Life Member
I suuuure wish someone made a MAC-thread-to-3 lug adapter.
I'd get 1/2x28 threads added in front of the MAC threads then put a 3-lug on the fine threads.

renovate7

I have a Coastal I got in 2006 to run on an Uzi. Ran it for years with zero issues. I clean it after every trip to the range. I got both adapters for my Lage uppers last year. But darned if I can remember who had them.

Attachments

• DSCN0122.JPG
    DSCN0122.JPG
    469.3 KB · Views: 9

renovate7

I just did a search on GB for "coastal mims" and found a company offering adapters for $60

Loco

I'd get 1/2x28 threads added in front of the MAC threads then put a 3-lug on the fine threads.
Yes, Thanks. I need the opposite...hk lug to the 9mm mac threads on the outside.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter