Curtis Tactical's new CT9KS coaxial suppressor

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I just got my 2" x 5.75" CT9KS back from CT today. I asked them to create a flush mount .5 x28 for my M11/380 SMG. One of my M11 uppers has a short .5x 28 threaded barrel and a CF-W A bolt. It's a mean looking little sucker. I look forward to testing tomorrow. I will compare it to my Octane 9.

Video link to CT9KS on a M11/380.
http://flic.kr/p/2i8BFvV

Here it is with the extended 3-lug mount from their FB page.
80425529_2622590611157496_4334979176969797632_o.jpg

81226843_2622593737823850_7231360222080532480_o.jpg

Last edited:

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I remember. I liked the tone in your video so I had him cut down another of my cans too. I did notice that the can in your video sounded like it had first round pop. I'm not too concerned with that but I look forward to hearing mine tomorrow to see.

Esox

I'd like to give a big shout out to Amphibian for helping make this design possible. They look like subgun can perfection. In fact, I just bought two of these "Amphibian" cans from Curtis Tactical a few weeks ago...one with the Bixler 3 Lug mount and one with 1/2x28. I can't wait for the stamps to clear and try them out.

Esox

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I remember. I liked the tone in your video so I had him cut down another of my cans too. I did notice that the can in your video sounded like it had first round pop. I'm not too concerned with that but I look forward to hearing mine tomorrow to see.

As mentioned, I don't think the video does it justice. The Go Pro seems to magnify the sound while taking a video with my cell phone was more dampened.

Also, here is a picture of the first one he made before he named it the CT9KS that he did for me...this is after I cleaned it.
CT9KS-Gen1.png

Now here is the latest one that is being delivered to customers now.
CT9KS-Gen2.png

So he has made some changes and I look forward to comparing the two but haven't yet....

Below is what the expansion tube and blast baffle looked like after at least 2 or 3K rounds.

blast-baffle.png

It took me several hours to get a few cans cleaned and I don't want to do that much work again so going to take some preventative measures before I shoot my new CT9KS.

Here is the shim stock I got to prevent the inside of the outer tube to get fouled.
CT9KS-ShimStock1-1024x871.png

CT9KS-ShimStock2.png

Friend of mine sent me this link: http://web.archive.org/web/20161104063835/http://www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html

I ordered some of that 350 CST Silicone oil and I'm going to try treating my baffles with that to ease cleaning as well. I want to do that before putting any rounds through it.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I'd like to give a big shout out to Amphibian for helping make this design possible. They look like subgun can perfection. In fact, I just bought two of these "Amphibian" cans from Curtis Tactical a few weeks ago...one with the Bixler 3 Lug mount and one with 1/2x28. I can't wait for the stamps to clear and try them out.

Esox

This design is a dream come true for me. I think it is the perfect SMG can and with it's design, it should be timeless and upgradeable.

BTW, Joe at Curtis Tactical had never heard about the Bixler mount before. I let him borrow just the male side to clone the mount for my first can. BTW, the patent expired a long time ago for the Bixler mount.

I actually never sent him the nut and had to ship it out to him seperately so he could clone the nut for all you guys.

Regarding the direct thread, he came up with a great option for those with the 3 lug setup. It is on his Facebook page but I added text for clarification.

CT9KS-DirectThreadNut-1024x827.png

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
The SS flashing seems like a good idea. I wonder if the gas will find its way between the overlapping seem. I will ad the SS flashing after my first cleaning. I want to see the difference.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the results of the silicon oil treatment.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Interesting. Your baffles are numbered 1-6 from the blast baffle to the end cap and mine are the opposite.

Correction: I see that your newer one is the same as mine but the original is opposite.

Last edited:

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
The SS flashing seems like a good idea. I wonder if the gas will find its way between the overlapping seem. I will ad the SS flashing after my first cleaning. I want to see the difference.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the results of the silicon oil treatment.

I had buildup on the new titanium tube from the 2-3K and used a screwdriver to scrape it off. I did put the Titanium tube in the ultrasonic with CLR for a bit but was concerned about the CLR taking the Cerakote off so didn't do it for that long.

Yeah, I think the shim stock will work. I'm hopefully going to shoot it some tomorrow and then Sunday I hope to go to a SMG match and I usually run several hundred rounds at those events. I'll break it down after shooting to see how the shim stock holds up. I presume some may get behind the overlap but I would think that the pressure from the gas would just help in pushing the stock against the inside of the tube.

I'm still waiting on the silicone oil to get delivered so I'm not going to shoot the new one till I give it the treatment.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Interesting. Your baffles are numbered 1-6 from the blast baffle to the end cap and mine are the opposite.

Correction: I see that your newer one is the same as mine but the original is opposite.

Good eye...Yeah, I asked him about that too and he said that he did my first one individually and he now has a fixture to number them and I guess easier to go in the opposite order or something.
He said that the larger ports and clipped blast baffle was a 'touch' better. I'll be curious to do a side by side at some point.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Re: Shim; I'm curious if it will make any noise during firing, due to "fluttering" when the gas hits it.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Just got back from the range. I shot about 150 rounds. all shot fired as a single handed pistol both semi and full auto. The CF-W A bolt kept the ROF at 750 rpm and much quieter than the 1800 rpm of the OEM bolt.

There was no first-round-pop that I noticed. It was "as quiet" as the Octane 9 but with a lower tone. Definitely hearing safe and comfortable shooting without hearing protection. The Octane 9 had a "CLINK THUD" sound and the CT9KS had a "CLANK THUD" sound. The "thud" was the sound of the projectile hitting the wet red clay berm. The bolt hitting an empty chamber sounded kinda like a tuning fork. The tube was noticeably cooler than I'm used to after 3 - 32 round mags.

I really like the CT9KS suppressor. As soon as the light is better I will post pics on the host.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
It was "as quiet" as the Octane 9 but with a lower tone.

That is about how I felt about it also. I've always thought similarly comparing my MK9K to the Octane 9 as well...MK9K having a deeper tone than the Octane 9.

Before I contacted Joe at Curtis Tactical, I was looking at the Omega 9K and Wolfman as that seems to be what everyone raves about but the lack of serviceability turned me off.

So a shorter MK9K with backward compatible mounts made sense to me with no aluminum. I was preparing myself to just settle on the performance of something like the smaller Omega 9K to get the shorter length....although hoping it would be better since it has more volume than the Omega 9K.

I was blown away to have performance on par with my MK9K and Octane 9. I also got to hear an Omega 9K the same day as my CT9KS and it was definitely louder to me. So glad I didn't get one of those.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your setup.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
RPB M11A1 .380 SMG
CT9KS coaxial suppressor, flush mount
CF-W A Bolt
750 RPM
Very mild recoil single-handed as a machine pistol

49306663536_615c9d290a_z.jpg

Last edited:

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
The SS shim stock seems to be fine so far. Will hopefullly run a few hundred through it this weekend.

SS-ShimStock-1024x512.jpg

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter