F Sterlings, I got me a MAC!

Gun Shot

UZI Talk Supporter, FFL/C&R
Muahaha, sorry, I seriously had to get that out of my system!

I finally found a local deal on a used, good condition Powder Springs MAC 10 .45. I got to meet her today for the first time, and I'm pretty excited about landing the deal. Kinda sucks the price they're going for these days, compaired to even a year ago, but that's just the way things go. I had the "now or never" voice pounding in the back of my head, so I jumped.

Going to have to find some el cheapo m3 grease gun mags to modify so I can feed her. Anyone have any tips on the modification, or a good source for cheap mags?

Also, I'm going to have to print up some form 4's, and I don't have a duplexing printer (to print on the front and back of one sheet). Do you guys just print on one side, then feed the same piece of paper upside-down and print on the other side, or does this call for a trip to Kinkos? I've only used the 'official' ATF form 4's, and never had to print my own.

Weeee!

class3JB

UZI Talk Supporter
grease gun mag mods

all that has to be done is trim off 1/16th of an inch off the back ledge and the stops on either side of the mags.

ranger55

You might want to conseder converting the mac to take m3 mags. I have seen a replacement mag catch that allows you to use the mac 10 mags or the m3 mags listed on the internet, Not sure what the outfits name was. After convering one mag I made a new mag catch like the photo of the one online. I works great with either mag now. A few measurments, small piced of steel, band saw , file and drill press for one hole was all it took . If you are not in too tinkering like I am you might try RPB Ind. THey use something similar in there new semi auto m10 pistols. They also list NIW m3 mags for about $10.00 on there web page,
Hope you enjoy your mac 10 as mcuh as I do mine. I have an m11 9mm in tranfer now, I am itching to try it out.

Gun Shot

Ah I wish I had my camera at the time, but I went to my dealer's straight from work this afternoon. I'll be posting some pics as soon as possible.

class3jb, thanks for the info.

ranger55, good ideas. I'm going to leave the MAC original if at all possible and see how the mag mods do. If worse comes to worse, I'll know to tweak/fabricate the mag catch. I wouldn't mind trying out one of those nifty HK sighted side-cocking uppers later on as well!

UZI SBR AWC

Cobray.com for the replacement mag catch. Heard the part is $25. Thus you use the M3 mags "as-is",,, soooo, if you have other stuff that use M3 mags --- like a 45 Uzi lower, you can get more mileage from your mags.

The cut on the mag is approx .088"...... I just looked below, I'm allowed to attach file, so here should be a pic of the modified mags.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Here's the site you're looking for... scroll down the opening page to the bottom and click on Title 2.com. All the BATF&E forms you're likely to ever need are here, and YES, you must print one side at a time, turn them over and print the back side.

http://www.titleii.com/

Gun Shot

UZI SBR AWC, thx for the pic man.

Vegas SMG, thanks, I love that site, I just wasn't sure about my cheap way of duplexing the prints. If it works for you, it'll work for me!

M60joe

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
Congrats, your gonna love it. The stocks suck but RPB makes a nice wire replacemant that fits your shoulder better.

Gun Shot

Whelp, with the recent absence of a few semi's from my collection, I figured I might as well seal the deal on a NIB SWD M11/9mm to go along with my big nasty P.S. MAC :D . Just made a deal on a NIB w/ a new Bowers CAC-9 thrown in for free. Woooohoooooo!

AKman

UZI Talk Supporter
Why do you hate Sterlings I ask because am planning ob getting one Sterlings mk4 andrewski (I already have PS mac45 and swd9 and m11a1380) its almost 7k and I heard very good tings about it but never held one in my hands ?

Gun Shot

Quoting myself from the Sterling video thread...

I know I've poked some fun at you guys during this "Sterling craze" of sorts, but I've only been joking, and it's only because I'm jealous! Very sweet gun, you guys are in for a treat!

I just like poking fun at you guys. It seems as though General Firearms Talk turned into Sterling Talk for the past couple months, so that's why I made this thread.

Tungsi

UZI Talk Life Member
Gotta get the 'Can-Lok' for it, Gun Shot

Mine works like a charm, w/no more hand screwing the can, while blasting. EM me for the guy's name & addy, if interested. If my memory is correct, the cost is $25.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter