Firefly M2A SMG

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
Now I have more to figure out. Looks like the G77 is also Wilkinson based and from Covina, CA.

That G77 is what gave me the inspiration to rebuild the FF as a Linda!

SAI-57-014.jpg

pjm204

That G77 is what gave me the inspiration to rebuild the FF as a Linda!

SAI-57-014.jpg

Thankfully I was able to track down the only known G77 with the help of VegasSMG and Bob Irwin. We'll see how long the transfers take to get her in my hands.

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
Thankfully I was able to track down the only known G77 with the help of VegasSMG and Bob Irwin. We'll see how long the transfers take to get her in my hands.

That is excellent! What good guys they are..

pjm204

Rehashing this old thread. If anyone stumbles across this and happens to need a part/parts for their Firefly, I ended up getting basically all remaining parts from Bob Irwin. I realize he only made about 50 of them so the likelihood is quite low but I figured I'd put it out there :)

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
Rehashing this old thread. If anyone stumbles across this and happens to need a part/parts for their Firefly, I ended up getting basically all remaining parts from Bob Irwin. I realize he only made about 50 of them so the likelihood is quite low but I figured I'd put it out there :)

I want to see a video of the 77!

MAC MAN

UZI Talk Life Member
That video shows it shoots Smooth. pjm204, you need to take good notes from Bob on these firearms for future generations. A lot of history in Bob's head that should not be forgotten. Could be a good article or small book.

Hk996

Does anyone have any videos on disassembly of the firefly? Sadly Bob Irwin passed away in 2021 and not many people know about that gun at the Vegas Gun Store.

pjm204

Does anyone have any videos on disassembly of the firefly? Sadly Bob Irwin passed away in 2021 and not many people know about that gun at the Vegas Gun Store.

Ah that's very sad. I visited Bob in Vegas in 2015 and spoke to him on the phone/email over the years. I purchased several Fireflies from him and all the remaining parts that he had.

I took a short video for you but it is very easy. Excuse the video, it's terrible but should help you get it apart. There is a hole in the back of the top cover. Push in on it with a punch and it releases the recoil rod from the top cover. The top cover can then be pivoted off of the lower, being careful to make sure the recoil spring/rod does not go flying. The bolt can be removed by pushing out the square cross pin, then retracting the bolt, and finally rotate it.

If you have anything ATC related from Bob that you are looking to sell, please message me.

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
I have an FF (001) & the M7-A (001). Great little subguns. About as close as I can get to a machine pistol. Was sorry to hear Bob passed, sad loss. Been playing with variations of the M7-A…

A21CAAE8-D3BF-4EF8-83A1-CD8F572D031C.png

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
Good video- I had to figure it out myself, it’s not easily done! Yours was a later build obviously- my bolt looks like it was made in a garage!

pjm204

Good video- I had to figure it out myself, it’s not easily done! Yours was a later build obviously- my bolt looks like it was made in a garage!

I have one that is before serial 001 😄. It's definitely more crude but it does have a cool folding foregrip. Sadly it's semi auto but still neat.

I've always thought it would be cool to make more Fireflies. I like the design.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter