Herter's 9mm: sell of keep?

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
i have a case of herter's that i'm trying to decide what to do with. i don't get to the range much anymore and ammo prices being what they are maybe i need to move it on. any ideas what would be a fair/price to move would be? can't seem to find anything on the inner webs as to what this stuff goes for. thanks.

Attachments

• Herter's 2.jpg
    Herter's 2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 304

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
9mm is down to .40 a shot for steel case, so you've missed the peak of that. Still, I sell any ammo I don't like or don't think is worth it. $400 sell in an hour, $450 sell in a few days, $500 prob sell in a week. All depends on your area too.

Most are aware of ammoseek now, and that's the market price people are judging based off of. My experience selling 15cases during the last bit of crazy prices was that you have to be less than someone can get it online for it to move, but being even 10% less it will move quickly.
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger

.45, 380 are still at premium prices ($0.70) and if you had those that you could move in substitute that's something to consider.

Last edited:

Shattered

Considering most stores will only sell one or two boxes at most, getting an entire case is worth a bit of a premium.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
9mm is down to .40 a shot for steel case, so you've missed the peak of that. Still, I sell any ammo I don't like or don't think is worth it. $400 sell in an hour, $450 sell in a few days, $500 prob sell in a week. All depends on your area too.

Most are aware of ammoseek now, and that's the market price people are judging based off of. My experience selling 15cases during the last bit of crazy prices was that you have to be less than someone can get it online for it to move, but being even 10% less it will move quickly.
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger

.45, 380 are still at premium prices ($0.70) and if you had those that you could move in substitute that's something to consider.

Yeah, I missed the 'steel case' part. Probably 40 cents is right for my region for steel.

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
thanks for the info guys, i think i'll try and move it on my local gun forum here in panhandle florida so there's no shipping involved.

javelinadave

UZI Talk Supporter
Park out front of a shooting range with a small sign in your window. You will get top dollar right there and then. I see it daily at the range where I shoot.

bwnva

Interesting comment about sitting in the parking lot. Around here the gunshops are stand alone and have their own parking lots. There is a high probability they owner would come out and run you off. I believe the longer you don't sell the ammo, the less valuable it will become. I have pivoted away from 9mm and repeating. 22 rifles to bolt action. 22s and shotguns.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
I have pivoted away from 9mm and repeating. 22 rifles to bolt action. 22s and shotguns.

My next range trip will include my neglected, underappreciated 4" GP100. I reload my 9mm but am still reluctant to blast 200+ rounds until primers become readily available.

slimshady

Interesting comment about sitting in the parking lot. Around here the gunshops are stand alone and have their own parking lots. There is a high probability they owner would come out and run you off. I believe the longer you don't sell the ammo, the less valuable it will become. I have pivoted away from 9mm and repeating. 22 rifles to bolt action. 22s and shotguns.

Package it in 10 rd baggies and peddle it in front of the Quick Stop...

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 110

glockman

Steel case Herters and it is a 900 round case, not 1000. Just keep it and blast it if you can find a range that lets you blast bi metal jacket ammo. That is what I would do.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter