I 'Love' my MAC wood stock

Tungsi

UZI Talk Life Member
The MAC wood stock is great for a nice, comfortable sight weld on my PS MAC .45. I have the old solid style, but also have a skeleton type, if anybody's interested. EM me for a flick of mine, w/wood stock, as I'm still a 'Jarhead'-lol, when it comes to posting flicks. :marines :salute

Garrett

How about some pix. Is it an original factory stock, or a reproduction? I looked for a while trying to buy one, and came up with nothing. (found one this week over on gunbroker, though). I finally built my own, using a picture from an original RPB instruction manual for for a pattern.

How does the wood stock attach to the metal bracket? I used a lag bolt from the front on mine, but don't know if that's how the originals were done.

Can you post pictures?

can you email the vid to me Here

Thanks

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
If it's like my COBRAY stock...

Garrett said:

How does the wood stock attach to the metal bracket? I used a lag bolt from the front on mine, but don't know if that's how the originals were done.

Can you post pictures?

...it uses the wire stock bracket that usually has a large hole in the back...
BUT... instead of opening it fully... only a smaller hole is drilled in the center & one long screw attaches it to the flat on the front of the wood.

The bracket also has the two notched legs... but are cut short to merely engage the push-button locking bar in the rear of the receiver.

So, it would appear that you have it done correctly!

Garrett

Cool, thanks.

I figured that's how they did it, but had never seen a picture of it to be sure. The second picture is the same one I posted over on hunt101 a while back. But you can't see for sure if there is a bolt head at the front of the stock or not. Search for the rest of my pix and you can see a picture of the stock I built. Or you can just look at it here.
165397.JPG

Tungsi's right. It makes a world of difference when compared to the standard wire stock.

I have a few more of the wood stocks cut out, but the wire brackets are currently on backorder from RPB.

ranger55

I made and adaptor and put a FNFAL wood stock on my PS M10 .45. I really like it, solid check weld and it pops off in seconds if I want to put the follding stock on.

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
Well that is a quite a different setup than what I was picturing. I was thinking of modifing an Uzi stock to fit...It just looks so different with the space between the gun and the stock....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter