Leinad Skorpion review

Mike85220

I bought one of these about a year and a half ago and sold it shortly afterwards.

I took it to Caswell's indoor shooting range to test fire it, and I brought Wolf 9mm 115 grain and Winchester 9mm 115 grain. It is a good idea when bringing a new gun to the range to have at least two brands to compare, especially on cheap guns.

The sights are not adjustable, and mine shot high. Grinding the front site post would only result in shooting higher. So if I ever was serious on keeping this gun, I would have to have the front sight built up via weld. Then of course grind it to shape, add some bluing and so on. It would look like crap...

So, not being too worried about it shooting about an inch and a half high, I noted that the action was waaaaay too hard to cycle. This was a real chore getting to cock the weapon. The obvious need for this particular gun to break in was apparent.

After 300 rounds I actually was getting through a full 10 round magazine with no jams at all. But guess what happened next? The safety switch broke off, it was brittle metal.

Then the firing pin broke shortly after that.

I replaced the firing pin around 400 rounds. Leinad was kind enough to send me 2 free ones.

After 500 rounds, the ejector broke off!!!!!! OMG what a POS!!!

Sooooo, I shipped it to Leinad and it came back ready for action.

Well, not really the action I was hoping for. The firing pin I had installed at 400 rounds broke within 200 rounds!!!!

The gun was jamming even worse since it came back from Leinad.

2 firing pins trashed within 600 rounds is sad. I installed the last firing pin and sold it for a considerable loss. I told the current owner that it was a gunsmith special.

I bet he sent it to Leinad thinking it would get fixed free is why he bought it. But it isnt free, it costed me a lot to ship it next day air which is the Fed Ex requirement to ship a pistol.

DO NOT BUY A LEINAD SKORPION!

Attachments

• leinad+skorpion.jpg
    leinad+skorpion.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,844

Member13

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I just bought one and wanted to wish all other owners good luck with theirs. I will report back after I get a mag for mine and shoot it.

MAC MAN

UZI Talk Life Member
Good luck finding a mag for one. I have been looking for years. It takes a SPECIAL magazine.

Member13

M-11/9 mag fits in mag well and just needs a little grove made to work. I just need to figure out how to remove the mag release on the Skorpion.

Last edited:

Member13

Good luck finding a mag for one. I have been looking for years. It takes a SPECIAL magazine.

M-11/9 mag fits in mag well and just needs a little grove made to work. I just need to figure out how to remove the mag release on the Skorpion.

Member13

BFTD again.....I wanted to take mine out and shoot it but have questions about a buffer. Mine doesn't have one but I assume it needs one. I tried to put one from the M-11/9 in it but it is a little different. Anyone have a picture of what the factory one looks like?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter