M-11 barrel pin and a few other questions

Woofman

Can a softer pin be used to hold the barrel in place? The roll pin damages the threads. Asking because I may want to get a can later on.

Barrels: Which is the best over all? FTF, Cobray or Practical Solutions Best for slow fire that is. No mag dumps.
Is it best to stay with Cobray parts or can FTF also be used? I ask because a FTF hammer was swapped in and I think it may be causing hang ups.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Sounds like you are using one size too big roll pin. Try one about five thousandths smaller.

The pin is just to keep the barrel from rotating and unscrewing itself so anything harder than lead or solder would work. Soft brass or such might eventually deform enough that it gets messed up that the barrel will move back and forth with a slight twist and hard to remove the pin. It really depends on how much torque you put on the barrel putting on and off a suppressor or other barrel device.

Woofman

Thanks for the reply skoda. A bronze pin had crossed my mind, but was not real sure about using it. Got a roll pin from FTF and that thing looks way too big. Not even going to try to jam it in.
Would you say that the Cobray factory pin would be the best?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter