M-11 zytel mags?

bruh44

Anybody got a good source for factory cobray mags?

Brkdnc

UZI Talk Supporter
for the 9mm?
I personaly use the steel ones you can get them through CDNN. You never have to worry about the lips wearing out.

Crap they lowered the price by $7 now I have to buy more I hate that when that happens :D

Gun Shot

UZI Talk Supporter, FFL/C&R
Hmm, I think it's time for me to order some mags for my incoming M11/9! Great find!

grassyknoll

do you guys think the steel mags in that ad would be better than using sten mags (as far as reliability is concerned)?

Just curiuus. May be getting an M11, so I am planning ahead.

Gun Shot

UZI Talk Supporter, FFL/C&R
I don't like sten mags at all, because all of my experiences with them haven't been that great.

Brkdnc

UZI Talk Supporter
The sten mags are made of real soft metal you have to tweek the lips for the right feed angle just about every other time you use them.

The M11 steel mags might need tweeking when you get them but I have had mine for over a year and haven't had to redo them yet.

I did have some feeding problems last time out but I shouldn't have dropped them in the sand during mag changes ;)

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
STEn Conversion

I had Wheatley do a STEn conversion on my M11\9 a couple of years ago and it is very reliable. I have about a 10% miss ratio with surplus mags. Just buy a couple of hundred and about 180 will work fine. Just FYI on some you have to crush in the mag stops a little to fit in the mac mag well. If you look you should be able to find STEn mags for a couple of bucks each.

Brkdnc, I have never had to tweak any of my mags, and I mostly use the same 40 over and over.

best

Brkdnc

UZI Talk Supporter
Re: STEn Conversion

chili17 said:
Brkdnc, I have never had to tweak any of my mags, and I mostly use the same 40 over and over.

The Sten mags I have bought and used in my buddies Sten and his mags the feed lips open up a little when you load the mag full it's worse if you let them sit loaded for an extended period of time.

If my memory serves me the cartridge angle should be about 6-8 degrees with the mag loaded (to run in the sten anyway).

Just for an experiment take 4-5 mags and load 6 rounds in them and compare how the cartridges look for feeding angle. I bet at least 2 of the mags the bullets will be pointing higher than the others.

Over time you will start having feeding problems untill you bend the lips back.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter