M10/22

LawBob

They have been out of stock for years. This would not work with the UltiMac. The UltiMac is basically a Lage Max-10/15 style upper with modular magwells.

The AM15 should work with a Tenko 10-16 open bolt model that we should be submitting soon. I have acquired a first generation AM15 upper. I am still waiting for the for the "upgrade " kit to become back in stock. I know someone with the second generation AM15 and it runs well for him.

Only Craig Wheatley (the owner of Tactical Innovations) knows why a Mac style American 180 upper hasn't come to market. In looking at the AM15, I would think that the mechanism should be easily adapted to the Mac style family of RRs. It would seem that Craig doesn't think that the "juice isn't worth the squeeze" or the upper would be in the marketplace. But I don't know that for a fact.

Scott
I thought he couldn’t get it approved … prob need an IRM

Maniac11/9

Craig said if I bought 200 units, he would make the M11/180 for me. I don't have $600,000.00 on me at the time. :)
I wonder what wholesale was.
If I had to put a refundable deposit down for a couple, I’d get in line for them! Much cheaper than a AM180! I enjoy shooting my AM180 more than my M11/9 with various Lage uppers. Sometimes I don’t even take the M11 to the range.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
I thought he couldn’t get it approved … prob need an IRM
To be honest, I don't know what Craig has done for submissions for determinations. The M16 version has a fixed firing pin protrusion in the bolt face and is open bolt. Like any of the Lage uppers with a magwell, if the bolt is held back by the sear in the lower and the mechanism (the recoil spring) pushes on the inside of the registered part (the inside of the back of the lower receiver) I would think that such an upper receiver would be approved. Of course, I am very familiar with how the ATF can be very fickle about determinations. I would think that an upper using the American 180 mechanism would be easier to design than the one for the M16. Especially since there are so many more Mac style RRs in the registry than M16s. But when the M16 version was made, what was the market value of a M10 or M11/NINE? As I recall the initial price of the AM15 was $2,500? An M16 was around $10,000. What was the market value of the Mac style RRs? It would be hard to find owners willing to pay close to the market value of their machinegun for an upper for that machinegun.

It is not feasible to speculate what Craig might or might not do. The reason that I started work on the Tenko was the difference in market values between a M16 and a Mac style RR. When a DIAS was $6,000 and a M10 was less than $1,500, how many M10 owners would consider spending $3,000 on and adapter? Not many. But today an M16 would be around $30,000. A $3,000 adapter on a $12,000 M10 to get similar functionality of a M16 sounds like a great deal at today's market values. This
certainly looks like fun.

Scott

ETA Starting a new thread so as not clutter this one. I apologize for derailing this thread.

Last edited:

LawBob

Well I thought even lage had the issue with his ar uppers hence the task style hole or the IRM.

To be clear: if the tenko gets approved the am15 would slide on top of that. Correct?

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
They have been out of stock for years. This would not work with the UltiMac. The UltiMac is basically a Lage Max-10/15 style upper with modular magwells.

The AM15 should work with a Tenko 10-16 open bolt model that we should be submitting soon. I have acquired a first generation AM15 upper. I am still waiting for the for the "upgrade " kit to become back in stock. I know someone with the second generation AM15 and it runs well for him.

Only Craig Wheatley (the owner of Tactical Innovations) knows why a Mac style American 180 upper hasn't come to market. In looking at the AM15, I would think that the mechanism should be easily adapted to the Mac style family of RRs. It would seem that Craig doesn't think that the "juice isn't worth the squeeze" or the upper would be in the marketplace. But I don't know that for a fact.

Scott
This is why I bought two 180 wheels and a loader a while back. Just in case!

MACsAlot

UZI Talk Life Member
I mean an update
We have all of the .22 kits and the .308 kit in-house and we are testing them on the various guns and ammo we have here. We've regsitered post sample guns to send in to ATF with the kits and we've written the rough draft letters. But they are not quite ready to send off to ATF, just yet. We are working out the final kinks so that they work on everyone's gun, not just one gun. As we all know, the specs on MACs are all over the place, so it's one thing to get a kit to run on one gun, but a whole other animal to get it to run on all guns. Fridays are our R&D days, so tomorrow we'll be working on these kits as well as our own M10/.22 kit. Once we feel confident that they are ready to submit to ATF, we will take video and provide an update.

Slowmo

.308 kit? Is this a typo or a whole new rifle caliber conversion I am unaware of? The very idea has me excited.

mwarnick1

The super exciting part about the 308 kit is that it’s then (hopefully) a smaller leap to a 12G.

Deerhurst

Woah, woah, woah. M11/180! Any plans for an M10 variant?

I need to get my UK59 project done and get back to Mac stuff!

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Woah, woah, woah. M11/180! Any plans for an M10 variant?

I need to get my UK59 project done and get back to Mac stuff!
Yeah, more than likely, just need to get this one working first but I see no reason why not. The baby mac might be an issue with that short back end, may need to change some things for it.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Is there a waiting list for the M11/180? Sorry, I lose track of which accounts are affiliated with which companies.
No waiting list yet. I'll start another post on the m11/180 when the time is right.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter