M11/410

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
I just started testing my latest creation a .410 shotgun upper for the m11/9. I started with an ati ar15 .410 upper for a parts donor and used the barrel, bcg, gas piston and hand guard that came with the upper. I cut the barrel down to 10 inches and designed/made the rest. Short video here of it running. Waiting on some different recoil springs to come and some tweaking of the gas system left to do.

m11-410-upper.jpg

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
It uses an ar15 magwell? Is it a candidate for the M11A1? Am I going to need to buy another Cry Havoc QDB mount?
st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

Deerhurst

I will say my 410 AR upper runs great with a binary trigger. Gets a little expensive to shoot that way though.

Should be a riot on FA!

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
iirc...theres 2 different ones.

Both imports..one is Turkish

Mags had a slight difference

Looks like at least 3
ATI
IFC
Chiappa/Charles Daly

Forget which one I ended up with....Now I gotta find it.

Last edited:

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
It uses an ar15 magwell? Is it a candidate for the M11A1? Am I going to need to buy another Cry Havoc QDB mount?
st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg
Yes it uses a ar15 mag well but there are some issues trying to convert the Lage little mac upper. First there is a feed ramp that will need to be cut into the receiver, its nothing major so it could be done. The real issue will be the ejector. There is a ejector pin that will need to be activated some how. The ati upper has a tab that is pinned into the upper at the rear. What I did was run a ejector rod next to my op rod down the center of the receiver, how you would do this with the irm I haven't checked.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
iirc...theres 2 different ones.

Both imports..one is Turkish

Mags had a slight difference
Yes the ati ones have a patent on them. They have a cut out that runs down the back ridge that allows for more varieties of shells.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Yes the ati ones have a patent on them. They have a cut out that runs down the back ridge that allows for more varieties of shells.
That does sound familiar.
There was one that would be finicky about ammo brand as I recall.
One I bought has some little ss flap/paddle type part that fits between upper and lower....Not sure of its function . Now I really need to find this thing.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
That does sound familiar.
There was one that would be finicky about ammo brand as I recall.
One I bought has some little ss flap/paddle type part that fits between upper and lower....Not sure of its function . Now I really need to find this thing.
That flap/paddle type part is what hits the ejector pin centered in the bcg and kicks the spent shell out.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Just found it...No Name.

Flap part is not ss but is just forward of the rear pin.

Came with a yellow tipped buffer and a set of cheap plastic sights.

Roughly a 20 rnd mag that just says 4.10 on each side and floor plate.
No name on box....Came from A arms in Henderson ,NV.

Sort of a quad rail for half the length ..then a round shroud with slotted holes for the other half. I thought I would have bought more mags and probly did.......Maybe they are still in a package someplace.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Just found it...No Name.

Flap part is not ss but is just forward of the rear pin.

Came with a yellow tipped buffer and a set of cheap plastic sights.

Roughly a 20 rnd mag that just says 4.10 on each side and floor plate.
No name on box....Came from A arms in Henderson ,NV.

Sort of a quad rail for half the length ..then a round shroud with slotted holes for the other half. I thought I would have bought more mags and probly did.......Maybe they are still in a package someplace.
I think there are only 5 and 15 round mags, does your mag have a slot down the rear spline ? If so I think they are the ati mags. Sounds like the same hand guards I have, I cut mine off the the slots started. Does your upper have an adjustable gas system ? Not sure if they all do or not. Just before where the slots start in the hand guard, on the top there is a screw with a detent that adjusts the gas on mine.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
I think there are only 5 and 15 round mags, does your mag have a slot down the rear spline ? If so I think they are the ati mags. Sounds like the same hand guards I have, I cut mine off the the slots started. Does your upper have an adjustable gas system ? Not sure if they all do or not. Just before where the slots start in the hand guard, on the top there is a screw with a detent that adjusts the gas on mine.
No visible slot in mags. The back strap is slightly extended.
No gas screw in handgard.......anywhere.
I can see what looks like the bbl nut.......Its round and Knurled...maybe 1/2" f to r.
Magazine is probly a 15 and matchs the Charls Daly design.
Box is brown with No name...no paperwork......Bought it a few years back and all info is gone off GB......In this search I found 3 uppers I'd forgot about..300 bo ,Calico for the M11 ,and an AMP 11.....whoops.

Deerhurst

I have 10rnd mags for mine. I seem to remember mine is from another supplier and might possibly be a prototype. ATI said they thought it was a prototype from a supplier they opted to not use for their final production.

It is a long stroke piston upper where the piston surrounds the barrel. The receiver is proprietary as is the bolt and carrier.

Havnt seen enough of them to compare.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Totally fun. I love a FA shotty.
I've got a 13" FA Saiga 12 that shoots the 20 round drums. A real hoot, but I prefer the 12 round drums due to size.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter