M11/9 Lage/TASK Competition Gun

Jerry799

Since everyone else is posting, thought I'd repost one of mine. This setup is currently running around 700RPM because the CAR stock doesn't allow a full size SS bufffer

The stats on this M11/9 include:

TASK conversion by Jim Weaver
Advanced Armament SS CSMkII buffer (short)
Advanced Armament forward handgrip
Tactical Innovations handfitted mag paddle
Lage side cocking upper
New Lage oversize safety (not shown in photo)
New Lage grip with integral mag well
Miculik compensator
EoTech 512 Holographic sight system
Autowerkes 72 rd drum
(20) Recon Ordnance 30 rd. steel mags (beadblasted / reparked / new springs)

I also have two other subguns that I expect to have within the next 2 months so I can do a group shot.

My second gun is a Vector Mini UZI...complete with Vector 72 rd drum, 2 new Botach chrome lined barrels, (20) 25 rd. IMI mags that were beadblasted / reparked / new springs, and a DPMS spare parts kit.

The third gun is identical to this one (another M11/9) with all the same work. But it will have a fixed stock and full size solid SS buffer by Jim Weaver to bring the ROF down to 600RPM.

I'm also currently interested in adding a silencer to it as well.
Suggestions on which silencer would be the "best" for sound suppression would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

shooter2

Jerry, that gun still gets me all :D every time I see it!

Couple questions:
1) Is the AAC buffer you're running the "CSMKII"? That's the one I ordered for mine. Need any tweaks, or just use it as-is in the conversion?
2) Where'd you get new springs for your Recon mags?

Thx!

Jerry799

Hey Shooter...appreciate the comments. You're correct, the Advanced Armament buffer is the CS MkII. On this gun it was a drop in. Not sure if it would need tweaking on another weapon.

Getting springs for the Recon Ordnance mags was a bear!. I checked with Recon and was told there aren't any actually made for them (as you'd guess).

You have to retrofit either the original Cobray, or buy the springs made by Wolfe Springs for the 9mm conversion for the M16

I've actually modified both.

Last edited:

shooter2

Good to hear about the AAC buffer; 700RPM with a collapsing stock sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Did you use the buffer spring provided by AAC (which I understand is reduced-power and has caused some guys trouble), or a standard CAR spring? I'm also hoping that a reduced bolt speed will alleviate my gun's tendency to eat bolts and sears. :(

Your comments re: springs for the Recon mags are duly noted. How did you have to modify the Cobray or Wolff springs? Just cut to length?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter