M11/9 upgrade/spare parts

Kkontx

First full auto for me and new to the MAC world. Just purchased an SWD M11/9 and will be starting the paperwork wait. It does not come with the original upper, but does come with the Lage max11 mk2.

Are there any upgrades or other items I should look at purchasing or having on hand? I am thinking of atleast getting an upgraded Lage sear to have on hand. Are there any other springs or high wear items to get?

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
A spare ejector rod is always good to have. If you plan to run the stock bolt, the firing pin is a wear item and I’ve lost the firing pin retaining pin twice. Buffers. Check your magazine release for a rounded edge (some shipped out like that when the gun was new). If your mag drops free out of the blue that’s the cause. I was able to grind a sharp edge back onto mine. Get an extra factory extractor. I’ve found the Lage universal extractor didn’t fit/work properly in my CFW or stock bolt. Sold it cheap.

boomer535

Buffers, a couple extra firing pins and firing pin retaining pins. A spare trigger spring. A Lage sear. Extra recoil springs. A couple of sear springs. Shockwave mags in 30 and 50. A CF-W bolt. Lage uppers of your choice, a couple of barrel extensions, and a Suppressor. Maybe an extra stock or two as well. Assault sling.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
The Lage replacement parts are great additions (safety slides, fullauto only competition trigger, sear, etc).

10mmlover

Don't try to shoot hollow points through it. That was the cause of my bent ejector rod. Endless round nose since then on various uppers and no more bent ejector rods.

Deerhurst

Don't try to shoot hollow points through it. That was the cause of my bent ejector rod. Endless round nose since then on various uppers and no more bent ejector rods.
How did a hollow point cause a bent ejector rod?

Kkontx

What does the lage safety slide do? Just a beefed up part over the aluminum one? Got a few extra springs and parts on the way.

Anyone know if this sear is original or an upgraded one from practical solutions?

20230518_215746.jpg

10mmlover

How did a hollow point cause a bent ejector rod?
When the sear goes down and the bolt starts moving forward to feed the round, the ejector rod is very exposed. The bullet ends up going straight forward and smashes into the feed ramp in a good case, but in a bad case the bullet goes upwards and smashes against the exposed ejector rod, bending it. It can be bent back into position, but I've just learned not to use hollow points. Some have reshaped the sheet metal feed ramp on the lower, but seeing as I want to maintain its value, I'm not making such a serious modification. Round nose bullets feed flawlessly, so I've just switch to those heads for loading.

Last edited:

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Flat points I get it, but why hollow points?

For OPs question, you should get an OEM sized upper from MPA but get the side cocker. Do you have original bolt?

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter