M11/9 with Lage Max-11k bent ejector rod

10mmlover

RWv0R9m.jpg

c6cewu7.jpg

So I've got a recently NIB M11/9 smg and have been using it almost exclusively with a Lage Max-11k upper and shockwave zmags that I purchased about 3 months ago. Everything has been going great, but the other day I went to put another mag in and shoot but the bolt wouldn't move forward. Long story short, the ejector rod was apparently slightly bent and I noticed it had some burrs on it where something was clearly scraping it.

I was able to remove the mag and after multiple attempts at cycling the bolt it did start to work again and I've probably shot another 6 mags through it. Then yesterday, it happened again but this time I couldn't even pull the mag out which created an obviously unsafe condition, where I can't get the mag out, the bolt is at the rear and the trigger has already been pulled. Luckily I was at a private outdoor range and was able to walk right up to the berm in case something bad happened.

After lots of forceful jiggling and molesting the charging handle, I was able to get the mag out and was able to get the ejector rod out when I got home with some tools. I put a new one in and now it cycles very smoothly again.

Thinking that it could be the zmags going too far in the magwell, I put each one that I have in and none of them get close to the ejector rod, even with rounds in them. Any advice here? This upper has about 500 rounds of lower power 9mm round nose through it that chronos around the 1050fps range. Should I only be loading new mags when the bolt is closed? I've included some pics. Thanks.

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
Ejector rods can get bent from overinsertion of the magazine, from inserting a magazine when there is a case that did not clear the ejection port or from dropping the bolt. They can easily be pulled out of the rear of the bolt, without disassembling the bolt, and be straightened and re-used.

10mmlover

Thanks for your help. I guess I'll make sure to insert mags on a closed bolt from now on to ensure the over insertion thing doesn't happen. I know I've never had a misfeed or failure to eject with this one. When you say "drop the bolt", do you mean just firing with no rounds left and it just going into battery and nothing to fire? Or do you mean literally having the bolt assembly out of the gun and dropping it on the ground?

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Thanks for your help. I guess I'll make sure to insert mags on a closed bolt from now on to ensure the over insertion thing doesn't happen. I know I've never had a misfeed or failure to eject with this one. When you say "drop the bolt", do you mean just firing with no rounds left and it just going into battery and nothing to fire? Or do you mean literally having the bolt assembly out of the gun and dropping it on the ground?

LMAO! taking the bolt out of the upper then pulling the ejector rod out the rear of the bolt and straitening it out

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter