M11a1 size?

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I've got an M10/45, M11 and an M11/9.

My preference in Factory configuration

1. PS M10/45 with or without factory suppressor (can also run 9mm).
  2. M11 with or without factory suppressor (hell of a ride).
  3. M11/9 with or without the factory suppressor.

My preference with aftermarket items Is the exact opposite as above.

1. M11/9 so many accessories.
  2. M11 with CFW A bolt. I know the bolt was mainly made for the m11/9 but this bolt is perfection in the m11/380.
  3. M10/45 is a tank and theres still a lot of after market items.
I might end up changing the M11 to my favorite over the M11/9. Since I’ve got Lage’s 5.56 upper, it’s really changed things. The only thing stopping me from that is getting 22LR to run reliably with the small magwell. Hopefully with MAK91’s new uppers that hopefully will to come to market, that’ll happen.

Essentially, I really enjoy each one and I think you'll be happy with anyone of them. The MACS are essentially the poor man’s auto sear.

GET ONE!!!

LawBob

The m11a1 w the goodies (max-11mk2, cfwa bolt, grey ghost, max15)

Is the premier option

But, they don’t make the mk2 or cfwa anymore.

I am not a fan of the 31 options bc it’s a big / long gun to me - however everyone who owns one loves it. Can’t knock that. And the Suomi drums can’t be beat. I wish we had a 72 rd? Option for the m11 or m10….

Though I do have a couple of those giant 50rd gg mags a member made for me…

Slowmo

The m11a1 w the goodies (max-11mk2, cfwa bolt, grey ghost, max15)

Is the premier option

But, they don’t make the mk2 or cfwa anymore.

I am not a fan of the 31 options bc it’s a big / long gun to me - however everyone who owns one loves it. Can’t knock that. And the Suomi drums can’t be beat. I wish we had a 72 rd? Option for the m11 or m10….

Though I do have a couple of those giant 50rd gg mags a member made for me…
Just a heads up, Practical Solutions is working on a batch of CFWa bolts right now.

I’m not sure what you mean about the 72rd option for the M11 and M10, but Lage makes Max 31 variants for the M10 and M11. There’s also the 31k variant for each platform that is shorter.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
I have the CFWa with grey ghost, the Max-11a mk2, the Max31a mk2, the 31k and the Max15a. I use and prefer the Max 31a mk2 the most. Sold a max 11a upper, because I never shot it. I bought a new one, when I heard they were being discontinued, and I still never shoot it. Lol

Slowmo

I have the CFWa with grey ghost, the Max-11a mk2, the Max31a mk2, the 31k and the Max15a. I use and prefer the Max 31a mk2 the most. Sold a max 11a upper, because I never shot it. I bought a new one, when I heard they were being discontinued, and I still never shoot it. Lol
How do you like the Ghost setup with the CFWa bolt?

It would be cool if Lage came out with an actual .380 upper for the small magwell M11a1, particularly one of the smaller packages like the K-version.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
I like it for fun shooting. But when shooting matches, I like the max-31a. It’s just smoother, and easier for me
To get on and stay on target. I use a Magpul adjustable stock and it creates a comfortable (at least for me) package.

Roklok

I like my SWD M11A1 with the large magwell quite a bit. I took first place in the only subgun match I ever participated in with the Lage Max 31a Mk2, and with the factory upper or equivalent it is very small. The gap between the M11-Nine and the M11A1 has narrowed in terms of upper availability thanks to Lage. I also think it looks much better than the M11-Nine with its large rear receiver overhang. For fun shooting my favorite configuration matches Offmarksman, I have a side charging Grey Ghost type upper with a CFW bolt, RMR and Sam's folding UZI style stock. It is a very small and controllable package shooting 9mm through the 380 size gun. Here is a video of my brother shooting my A1 with CFW bolt 9mm. Even new to the gun, he was keeping most rounds on target at 15ish yards.

CKxx

How do you like the Ghost setup with the CFWa bolt?

It would be cool if Lage came out with an actual .380 upper for the small magwell M11a1, particularly one of the smaller packages like the K-version.

I'm still waiting for the same. I won't hold my breath, but it sure would be cool. SK type upper for the 380.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Does anyone have a picture of an M11a1 next to a common pistol (1911, Glock, etc.) for frame of reference? I’ve never seen one in person and would like to get a sense for how big/small it is.

Bonus points if you have a picture of a PS Baby Ghost compared against a common pistol design.

I’ve got an M10 and full-size Uzi. My head keeps saying I should get an M11/9 as my next SMG, but my heart loves the diminutive size of the M11a1. Seems like it would be an insanely fun package, especially with a CFW bolt.
For fun: M11a1
For competition:11/9

Slowmo

I like my SWD M11A1 with the large magwell quite a bit. I took first place in the only subgun match I ever participated in with the Lage Max 31a Mk2, and with the factory upper or equivalent it is very small. The gap between the M11-Nine and the M11A1 has narrowed in terms of upper availability thanks to Lage. I also think it looks much better than the M11-Nine with its large rear receiver overhang. For fun shooting my favorite configuration matches Offmarksman, I have a side charging Grey Ghost type upper with a CFW bolt, RMR and Sam's folding UZI style stock. It is a very small and controllable package shooting 9mm through the 380 size gun. Here is a video of my brother shooting my A1 with CFW bolt 9mm. Even new to the gun, he was keeping most rounds on target at 15ish yards.
I tend to agree about the look (not that it is that big of a consideration). The M11 with various Lage uppers looks like it might have actually been designed that way.

Slowmo

For fun: M11a1
For competition:11/9
I’m assuming for competition you are using some sort of Lage upper? Does an M11/9 shoot that much better than an M11a1 with the same upper? For example, does an Max-31 shoot that much better than a Max-31a? Any idea where a Max-10/31 fits in?

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
For competition you want around 750 rpm. The only way to get the baby mac to shoot at about 750 rounds per minute is to get a 31 upper. The 11/9 can do that with either just a CFW bolt in an OEM upper, a Lage slow fire upper, a TASK setup, or a 31.

I got the 11a1 first planning to just use drums but some competitions set a 30 round mag limit. For the 31 series I find it harder to change stick mags quickly, and I prefer grip mags instead such as an OEM with CFW or Lage slowfire upper

Last edited:

SecondAmend

To return to the original question, In "The MAC Man" on page 201 there is a photo comparison of a M1911A1 (top) , an Ingram M11-380 (middle), and a Beretta M9 (bottom).

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
Very nice M11A1, RPB marked gun? Was that one built by SWD by any chance? Looks like it has the SWD front pin and possibly the SWD plastic safety slider (both of which could be replacement parts of course) upper receiver also looks like it has that dark black SWD phosphate job. Cool gun
mitch, that is indeed an swd gun. i bought it NIB and it's exactly as manufactured.

Last edited:

MitchWerbellsGhost87

Is it marked RPB industries? Or SWD? If it’s marked SWD I’d love to see a good pic of it, I have always wondered if there were any factory SWD manufactured m11 small grips out there with SWD markings. All that I’ve seen have RPB markings and were leftovers completed by SWD and sometimes marked SWD under the plastic grip piece.
mitch, that is indeed an swd gun. i bought it NIB and it's exactly as manufactured

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter