Market check, best nightstand 9mm?

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
Interesting conversation. I had never heard the term auditory exclusion before. Will look into it.
Just thinking here. I have shot plenty of deer, about half of them I didnt hear the firearm report. Some of those that I didnt hear the shot on my ears still rang after firing.

The pros of a nightstand can are obviously the possibility that it could damage your hearing (going to look into that exclusion deal and find out if hearing can still be damaged if your brain didnt hear it). The other consideration is if you have family nearby that you could damage their ears as well.
All of that said, obviously it is better to protect yourself and loved ones then worry about being deaf, we are kind of talking semantics).
In regards to neighbors hearing, there is no guarantee a next door city neighbor would even hear a shot... suppressed or not.
A can will reduce muzzle flash. Good to keep your eyes so you can see if there remains a threat.
As we all know, a can isnt going to "silence" a shot, it will merely make it a more managable level. Everybody in the house will hear it... unless you leave tv's on all night or something.

The only downside to a can is the weight and balance. For a dedicated bedside can the gemtech aurora sounds like the ticket. It doesnt need a booster.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm familiar with the phenomenon of "auditory exclusion ", but have never experienced it, whether in Military Service, competition, casual shooting, or hunting. Your hearing can be damaged by noises you don't register; hearing loss is rooted in the ear, not the brain.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter