McKay Fully Welded Uzi Semi Receivers

Paul Kersey

I am attempting to get an answer from McKay if and when they may have the receivers available again. A question for those that have one- is the trunnion designed for the semi barrel or a semi? My understanding is that the inside diameter is different. I have a IMI 16 inch semi barrel I plan on using and would like to know if the trunnion McKay used will work with that barrel.

It appears they sell separately a US manufactured trunnion made to semi specs. I have to assume this is what they use in the receiver (but "assume" has bit me many times before).

Hopefully I will hear back from them.

Thanks

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
Yes, the McKay receiver I own is semi spec. I had to turn down a FA barrel to clearance both the trunnion and restrictor ring.

atomicreload

Just a warning, be careful doing business with McKay. I ordered a semi auto receiver and his semi auto bolt assembly in November and so far, I’ve only gotten the receiver. Sent around 4 emails and made about 15 calls, only spoke with him once and he told me to wait 2-4 more weeks because his firing pins were on backorder. That was 2 months ago.

I seem to be completely unable to get my bolt or my money back. I know I’m not the only who experienced this, there’s some talk elsewhere on the forums about it. I don’t believe he’s a scammer; he just has absolutely no customer service or organization in orders/backorders.

Paul Kersey

Yea- I cannot get a reply as well. Shame- as they are the only game in town(as far as I know) for a fully welded receiver. Are you aware of any other companies/people that are welding them up. I have no interest in attempting it myself.

scotty57

Gents, apologies for not being timely in responses. I (the owner) have been struggling with stage 4 cancer. at the same time we have been dealing with military contracts leaving out of eastern Europe. Very short handed as you can imagine.
Just a warning, be careful doing business with McKay. I ordered a semi auto receiver and his semi auto bolt assembly in November and so far, I’ve only gotten the receiver. Sent around 4 emails and made about 15 calls, only spoke with him once and he told me to wait 2-4 more weeks because his firing pins were on backorder. That was 2 months ago.

I seem to be completely unable to get my bolt or my money back. I know I’m not the only who experienced this, there’s some talk elsewhere on the forums about it. I don’t believe he’s a scammer; he just has absolutely no customer service or organization in orders/backorders.
Did you receive your firing pin?

scotty57

Guy's sorry for the untimeliness of getting back to some of you. I have been dealing with stage 4 cancer for some time now. as well as trying to finish a US DOD contract Overseas, which has taped our staff completely. we do have semi bolts in now as well as fully welded receivers and barrels. Please understand, with all that's going on we try to ship as fast as we can, but ultimately we are at the whims of our suppliers. I went at it with our platers and our heat treaters, both that were 6 months late in getting us our parts, They told me "sorry we don't have enough staff or capacity......and so on. This is typical after covid. 6 to 12 month wait on parts..........................Believe me, I'm not happy about it either.

rem32

I have been dealing with stage 4 cancer for some time now.
So sorry to hear this. I have a friend who's a survivor and I can feel what it is like to pass through that phase. My prayers are with you.

atomicreload

Gents, apologies for not being timely in responses. I (the owner) have been struggling with stage 4 cancer. at the same time we have been dealing with military contracts leaving out of eastern Europe. Very short handed as you can imagine.

Did you receive your firing pin?

I haven't received anything from you guys yet. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. Of course I'd love some more communication but I wish the best for you and your family with this fight. My family has suffered from this disease as well.

I'm going to send you an email this evening and I'd appreciate some further correspondence so I can close this up and build my Uzi.

Paul Kersey

Scotty57, Sorry to hear about your cancer as well. Hopefully, you can get it in remission.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter