Most wanted mp5 configuration?

Bobby Boucher

UZI Talk Life Member
I am aware of the differences in FA uzi configurations and how they differ in prices and parts compatibility. What would be the best mp5 configuration? My guess is a Fleming sear? Do certain sears only allow certain calibers? Can sears be used on any HK caliber?

TheColtCollector

UZI Talk Life Member
I am aware of the differences in FA uzi configurations and how they differ in prices and parts compatibility. What would be the best mp5 configuration? My guess is a Fleming sear? Do certain sears only allow certain calibers? Can sears be used on any HK caliber?

Best is extremely biased. If you use the search feature here or on HKpro there are a lot of good threads on these topics. Read up!

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
People who don’t own FA HKs like the Mk5k-pdw & mp5sd-a3

Imho, std Mp5A3 with a short can and optics os the premo setup
To run…. Wall hangers - the two above look cool

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
IMHO "TheColtCollector" has the best advice. For multiple host guns Fleming and S&H sears seem to be top of the heap for sear brands. There is also registered trigger frames. To have factory timing, a registered sear needs a retimed hammer. A registered trigger frame uses standard full auto internal parts.

As far as host guns for a registered machinegun conversion device in 9mm, there are many possibilities. From pre-89 HK 94 rifle receivers to SP89 pistol receivers. There are HK pistols made recently based on these designs but have different features to resist ease of full auto conclusions. There are also foreign and domestic clones of these same HK designs. Like the recently made HK designs many of the foreign made clones would require modification for conversion use.

As previously posted, there is a huge amount of information concerning full auto conversions. The difference of market value of a registered trigger frame in an original all HK conversion of a 94 to an SD and a registered Ciener sear in a Special Weapons or Coharie Arms host, a quality Uzi RR could be purchased. There are also unaltered semi auto receivers converted using an unregistered sear. These sears are "married" to the unaltered semi auto receiver. Do some research and come back with specific questions.

ETA A stand alone registered conversion device can be used to convert any firearm based on a roller delayed receiver. In recent years the ATF has wanted to limit registration to a single caliber. As long as there is no permanent modification of the conversion device, there is a multitude of calibers in a huge number of configurations. I have 25 host guns. The majority of which are configurations that HK never produced. But that is how I chose to develop my collection.

Scott

Last edited:

slimshady

You are asking what is the best conversion configuration, correct? To me at least a registered trigger box is both the most versatile and the most durable way of doing things. Like a registered sear, a registered trigger pack/box fits on any of the classic HK roller designs, so you can have as many hosts as you want. If any internals wear, just replace them with factory HK parts. Unless you run it over with a truck, about the only thing to wear out on a trigger box are the pin holes, after a few million rounds they may need welded up and re-drilled.

Second best is a registered sear, as stated above Fleming and S&H are the most common and high quality. Same advantages as the box except for the need to custom tune a replacement hammer, and being a small piece of steel that gets hammered every time the bolt closes would make me cringe knowing $30-40K could go bye bye if it ever breaks beyond repair.

Third best is the registered receiver, mainly because you are limited to that gun. Also back in the day factory HK MG parts were rare here, which is why most conversions involved sears installed in modified semi packs. Occasionally like the UZIs with a registered receiver but using a slotted bolt, you will find an HK RR with the semi shelf attachment still intact, not the push pin MG spec receiver. Again, married parts like the UZIs.

TheColtCollector

UZI Talk Life Member
There are many like it but this one is mine, 23ek

F688-B225-F530-4-A9-F-8-D36-4-E2-D74-A699-D1.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

https://i.postimg.cc/66zycgVd/F688-B225-F530-4-A9-F-8-D36-4-E2-D74-A699-D1.jpg

Renegade

UZI Talk Supporter, , Semper Vigilo

Best for me a standard MP5A2. Most desirable Transferable IMO is a registered box, not a sear.

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Not sure the 23ek counts as an “MP5”,but I mostly agree to that wrt the ultimate Hk (I’d say 21ek).

For Uber “MP5” format gun - hmmm, how about 51B with a burst pack…. All these roller lock guns are just toys, so the crazier the better!!!

MG34_Dan

Ok. Ok. Here is my MP5SD. It is a RR PP gun made by Qualified.

MVC-003S.jpg

MVC-004S.jpg

MVC-005S.jpg

And because I could, I got a real HK MP5 suppressor for it. I thought that was kind of cool.

JNI2.jpg

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
But the KAC can will also work as a club. I bought a CA5 SD with a can for $1,450 that was all stainless steel except for the end cap which was carbon steel. The can weighed over two pounds.

Scott.

MG34_Dan

I heard it’s a bitch to clean :)
It's not too bad. But you need the correct HK barrel cleaning brush. The HK suppressor cannot be disassembled while the Qualified suppressor can be disassembled. Here are some pics:

IMG-2434.jpg

The Qualified suppressor is on top, the HK suppressor is in the middle, and the cleaning rod/pipe is on the bottom. The Qualified suppressor disassembly bit/tool is shown to the right of the Qualified suppressor. One uses a 1/4" socket wrench with the disassembly bit/tool to remove the front cap of the Qualified suppressor. The internals then simply slide out. As an aside, the HK suppressor is much lighter than the Qualified suppressor. The HK suppressor has an aluminum outer tube while the Qualified suppressor has a steel outer tube.

IMG-2435.jpg

Here is a full view of the cleaning rod/pipe on the bottom.

IMG-2439.jpg

Here is the HK barrel brush screwed onto the cleaning rod/pipe. With the suppressor removed you use the brush/cleaning rod to scrub the crud from the exterior of the weapon's barrel. This works pretty well. The interior of the barrel is simply cleaned with a 9mm cleaning barrel cleaning kit.

Does all this make sense?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter