My new Sten

Rob1928

UZI Talk Supporter
Made out of legos, that is. I bought the plans for $3 on Etsy over Christmas and had the kids scour their stash which got us about 1/3 of the way there, then we ordered the rest. A brief covid issue at their school last week gave us the time to build it.

ADSnxN1.jpg

sQ1BKiU.jpg

The selector, bolt, trigger, mag release, etc work via rubber bands but hands down this is the worst lego model we have ever built, fyi (unreadable low res instructions, omitted parts, innumerable parts that are supposed to be placed at a 'point in space' vs actually attached to another part, etc).

Last edited:

rrrgcy

Looks great, cheers. Do you glue pieces together so they don’t come apart? What glue?

Rob1928

UZI Talk Supporter
It's definitely getting super glued, if you look at it the wrong way it starts shedding parts! I want to make sure I've got all of the little parts straight first, as there are lots of places where there's a whole row of little piece that could be replaced by a single larger solid one.

Rob1928

UZI Talk Supporter
So completely realistic then... lol. Cool project.

Yep, if you look closely at the top picture you'll notice that the real sten no longer has a front sight, because it departed for parts unknown on the prior range trip! I still took it out today regardless to test a few recently acquired mags .

Jolague, it is a DLO with a 1980s Ceiner can.

Rob

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter