Mystic X

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
My 3 lug was locked up. Likely due to the few 165 round mags dumps that I was doing. I got it off but it was pretty rough on the inside (see pics). This wasn’t as bad as my Spectre II baffles (see link)
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?92195-suppressor-round-count-guess.

541-E865-F-1187-4-A00-A26-C-D66-C786-AF520.jpg

D03-E3052-C377-4-CEA-A15-C-5-F27-C8-E4-AEA4.jpg

CB45-DDC2-8-A10-4236-BAF2-E6-A420311-E8-E.jpg

6-F1-AA05-D-CE2-A-4126-8247-F5-F734-FA54-C6.jpg

Last edited:

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
presume that was all .22lr? I filled a CAC9 a number of years ago when I was working on alot of .22lr conversions for people. Think it weighed about 6lbs if I remember right.

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Those AM180 dumps will fill a can right up, lol

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
presume that was all .22lr? I filled a CAC9 a number of years ago when I was working on alot of .22lr conversions for people. Think it weighed about 6lbs if I remember right.

Yep, all 22LR.

Those AM180 dumps will fill a can right up, lol

I put probably 10-15K since I cleaned it last and it was bad. The BB adapter definitely doesn’t help.

rentprop1

bet you had a hell of a time getting the core out of the tube tho, I know mine in a PITA when its dirty, I had mine on the FA MPX for a while, I learned that Rand bore and bolt cleaner and then a wash with purple power cleans most of that crap ( even some of the lead ) off there, then I blast that core in the blast cabinet, I have re cerakoted my endcap once, but it kinda looks cool in the white, there really is no way to tape it off, you can actually use matte black spray paint and rattle can it, doesn't look bad.

worst part is the inside of the tube, and how the lead builds up and leaves those ridges from the outer part of the core, I just wrap 220 sandpaper around a 1 inch dowel rod and run it thru there to knock it back, you will never get it all out of there, Ive tried blasting it , but you cant get the media 5 inches down that far in the tube. I blast the lugs and caps everything, then just re cerakote and bake.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
bet you had a hell of a time getting the core out of the tube tho, I know mine in a PITA when its dirty, I had mine on the FA MPX for a while, I learned that Rand bore and bolt cleaner and then a wash with purple power cleans most of that crap ( even some of the lead ) off there, then I blast that core in the blast cabinet, I have re cerakoted my endcap once, but it kinda looks cool in the white, there really is no way to tape it off, you can actually use matte black spray paint and rattle can it, doesn't look bad.

worst part is the inside of the tube, and how the lead builds up and leaves those ridges from the outer part of the core, I just wrap 220 sandpaper around a 1 inch dowel rod and run it thru there to knock it back, you will never get it all out of there, Ive tried blasting it , but you cant get the media 5 inches down that far in the tube. I blast the lugs and caps everything, then just re cerakote and bake.

Yes, it’s a pain in the ass.
I literally have to beat it apart. I’ve got channel marks on the end cape from trying to twist it back and forth.

I’ll probably stop by and order a can in the next few months.
I can’t believe how fast my brothers E-File went.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter