New Stock

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
0-AC67-A97-2-DD6-4705-9-F5-A-2-C90-F26-AB018.jpg

Thanks to misterglock for the sage stock for the Ac. Gave the ole girl a 21st century facelift. Really impressed with the fit of these stocks.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Haven’t shot it yet, but I expect it to do well. Everything fit real nice and snug. The stock should be a major improvement (functionally) over the old folder, and I am going to add a foregrip, which should help with muzzle rise. We shall see��

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Haven’t shot it yet, but I expect it to do well. Everything fit real nice and snug. The stock should be a major improvement (functionally) over the old folder, and I am going to add a foregrip, which should help with muzzle rise. We shall see��

I've never purchased one of these stocks but I've been tempted to. Ive got an ac556k 13" and a full size mini 14 GB that was converted to select fire. I might actually get one for the converted mini 14.

Update us after you shoot it. I've talked to another forum member that has one and it's night and day he said. He sent me a video and it looked like a new gun, physically and in controllability.

That being said, nothing compares to the factory folder on a 13" ac556. Just something about it, I cant explain it. Maybe it's iconic, nostalgic or something else.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
I totally dig the factory folder. You are right, it is Iconic. Just not the most ergonomic stock, especially when a weekend “operator” like myself is trying to shoot paper. I actually have two of the factory folders, one came with my ac, and the other is on a clone I built. I am going to keep the one that came on my AC, but since I am running the scar on it, I am going to put the folder on the clone, and sell the one that’s on the clone currently.

Will definitely report back once I run it through the paces. Pretty cold here in the Midwest, so it might be a while...

Last edited:

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I totally dig the factory folder. You are right, it is Iconic. Just not the most ergonomic stock, especially when a weekend “operator” like myself is trying to shoot paper. I actually have two of the factory folders, one came with my ac, and the other is on a clone I built. I am going to keep the one that came on my AC, but since I am running the scar on it, I am going to put the folder on the clone, and sell the one that’s on the clone currently.

Will definitely report back once I run it through the paces. Pretty cold here in the Midwest, so it might be a while...

Thanks.
My collection of Rugers.
IMG-3031.jpg

Last edited:

Gemlin

I have a scar stock for mine but it sits in a closet. I like the factory folder better. Ive seen the stocks sell more that 500.

Heck I bought everything I could find for the gun over the years. I even got the ceiner 22 conversion.

Openspaces

I’ve always liked these stocks but have never found one for sale. I bought an ATI stock and fitted it but not the feel look I wanted. If anyone finds a sage stock for an ac feel free to PM me.

And yes, great looking setup.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
I prefer the classic folder. Vs making it look like a m16

The folder to me has that classic look to it

Does this make the gun more controllable??

Gemlin

A forward grip makes the gun a lot more controllable. The scar also adds weight, again making it more controllable.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Range Report. I added a Burris fastfire red dot optic, a 1/2” look through riser (so Iron sights can still be used), and a Magpul cheek riser for the CTR stock. This combo yielded far superior results compared to the oem folder. It’s a totally different gun. Much more controllable, and way easier to stay on target. It still isn’t as cool looking as the oem folder, but the results at the range impressed me...

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Range Report. I added a Burris fastfire red dot optic, a 1/2” look through riser (so Iron sights can still be used), and a Magpul cheek riser for the CTR stock. This combo yielded far superior results compared to the oem folder. It’s a totally different gun. Much more controllable, and way easier to stay on target. It still isn’t as cool looking as the oem folder, but the results at the range impressed me...

Good deal, thanks for the update.

How's the weight of the stock?

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
It’s definitely added weight. Wouldn’t want to have to lug it around all day, but it’s fine for weekend steel/paper shooting duty...

misterglock

UZI Talk Supporter
Looks really good! Glad to hear that you found it made your AC more controllable. Now you have to try shooting it prone off a bipod. Did you try the 30-round mags? If so, did they come out easily, or were they getting hung-up?

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
The mags did fit pretty tight, but to be honest they were pretty tight in the factory folder....

misterglock

UZI Talk Supporter
The 30-round mags are not tight in my OEM folder, but they really got hung-up in the Sage stock. The were getting caught on the front magazine latch retaining pin. Maybe my mags just need broken-in? They were brand new when I got them. Do you think that could be a possible issue?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter