New To Me

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
well it took awhile but i finally found one. got it from a
nice gentleman in the same state who kindly included a
22lr conversion kit and several extra mags that hadn't been
mentioned in the ad for the gun. nfa branch has cashed my
check and now the long, long wait begins again.
2udw8pi.jpg

MPA guy

That gun has been well cared for over the years. Congratulations.

hfoster223

Nice looking fire ball maker, probably quiet also. Like that wood grain.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Good deal.

I was looking at one in Florida that looked something real close to that. It was offered with a full size stock also, prolly not the same one. I have two ruger full autos and didn't need another.

There's just something about the Ac556k.

Congrats.

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
i agree. i'd been looking off and on for several years. last time i looked, prices
for a nice folder were bumping up against the low end of the M16 market. so i bought
one of those instead. i like it a lot, it's a great gun with lots of versatility
but it's no AC556. like the man said, there's just something about 'em. i'm an old
guy so anything with wood furniture always looks better.

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
i managed to talk black dog machine into selling me what they said was their last
22lr drum mag. i think it was just the last one they were willing to part with.
rtdr8j.jpg

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
i managed to talk black dog machine into selling me what they said was their last
22lr drum mag. i think it was just the last one they were willing to part with.
rtdr8j.jpg

Good deal. I purchased some of their Mini 14 22lr magazines a few years ago and I was disappointed. The mags actually had air pockets in the polymer. I contacted them and they said it was normal (bs). Since then I haven't purchased anything from them. They do or did have a ciener replacement parts kit, that was a nice and cheap parts kit.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
congrats....it was my 2nd purchase, but my 1st stamp....the first FA i ever shot..mine is SS and appeared to be in new condition...bought mine from the prison wardens sons after his death

not an overly controllable .223, but i like its quirky features. I bring it out once a year...seems to do alright in burst...uncontrollable in FA (for me anyways)...they have dropped in price over the past couple of years, so im sure you paid less than me.

hope you enjoy the gun....dont lead up your barrel with .22lr...maybe .223 burns it out?

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
thanks br, i would like to have bought the stainless version but they were at least $2K more.
and yeah, the AC is probably not the best MG investment. don't care.
in my limited experience it isn't as hard to control as my M2 carbine. you really have to
anticipate and lean into that one.
i too like the fact that it's a little different. being an old guy i also like the wood
furniture. for awhile i was looking for the carbine version so i could find a walnut stock
and hand guard and dress it up to look like and M14.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
on burst its just fine....15 yards, full size human silhouette...you will hit it...

the SS ones used to sell at $13.500-14,000 and sell in a week...i dont think any are for sale right now, but ive seen as man as 3-4 at once!!!....the market really is crap right now....3.5 years ago i paid $11,500 from an individual...while they were selling at $12,500-13,000...i still think i could get my $11,500...but the gun, like most of the others is in decline...in this market im sure you got a bargain and will never lose $1 on it...most people hate these guns, but i find them very interesting....wait until you get to take it apart!!! much like the ruger .22 mk(whatever) they are just as stupidly designed for take down...i believe you have to have it on semi or safe or you break something when dissembling....read up on it....

if you contact ruger you can get a manual for it (free)===i did this twice cause 1st time they sent a mini 14 one, 2nd time they sent me a correct manual...my guess is they printed more from demand?

also you can pay like $5 and get a certificate of authenticity from them...tells you the gun was as it was from the factory....kinda a neat thing for $5...they usually seem to do them in batches, maybe once a year. i remember everyone getting them at the same time when i got mine.

i tried to call them to see if mine had been rebuilt (they used to do this for free at one time)...they refused to tell you anything about your gun

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
BR,i'd been looking for awhile and $11.5K for a SS folder any time in the last
few years sounds like a real good deal to me. if you ever decide to sell it
for that price, let me know.
i'd forgotten about the ruger thing, i need to give them a call. a certificate
would be very cool and would no doubt be appreciated by whoever buys
it after i'm dead.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
$11,500 with risk of a complete stranger with a GB rating of 0....i talked with the 3 brothers selling it for the dads estate and felt comfortable enough to go for it..did an escrow with their gunshop....thats how you get $11,500...otherwise it was a $13,000 gun at the time...supposedly 60 rounds through it only and it looked that way. its why i called ruger to see if it was redone as it looked so nice...

ive seen blued folders down to $10,500 or maybe even $10,000...i didnt look close at the condition.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
one thing that used to make the ac556 very attractive to people was the fact that up until a few years back, it was the only machine gun that had factory support.
when that went away, I think it took a little luster off the platform.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter