Optic Mount Options for Burgess SW76?

Landric

I'm waiting on a Burgess SW76. I'm wondering if anyone is making an optic mount that will fit on it in some way. Google hasn't turned anything up currently available and it is unclear if BWE's stuff will work for the SW76 since it uses a Stemple tube with a different tube diameter than the S&W76.

There is always drilling and taping the receiver but I would rather not do that to a transferable tube if there are any other options.

Anyone have any experience with BWE parts on a Burgess SW76 or know of another viable optic mounting option?

Thanks!

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
M60Joe made a nice adaptor that attached to the tube and used RTV silicone. Worked nicely. You might be able to find one.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
You could always mount a peice of rail to the barrel jacket

Landric

So my current plan is to have a rail for a BRP Stemple 76/45 attached to the receiver. Since the Burgess 76 uses the Stemple tube also the fit should be fine. It will mean drilling and tapping the receiver but I have a guy to do it I am comfortable with. Not an ideal solution, but seems to be the best available. I considered the barrel jacket option but I also bought one of the suppressors for the gun and with that attached there won't be a barrel jacket.

The rail from BRP was $32 so not a huge investment, it just leaves me having to drill and tap the receiver.

Reactions: "Q"

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
The stemple receiver is plenty thick to do that. Honestly its not like the SW76 is going to have any collector value over its NFA status anyway. It would be an easy fix if you plan to reverse it anyway

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Chili knows waaaaay more than me...

That being said, I sold my S&W76 Tool Room gun to a S&W collector (I don't think he had any NFA stuff), so I think there is some collector value to a S&W76.

Landric

Chili knows waaaaay more than me...

That being said, I sold my S&W76 Tool Room gun to a S&W collector (I don't think he had any NFA stuff), so I think there is some collector value to a S&W76.

The actual S&W 76 has collector value. We are talking about the Burgess SW76 which is a clone built on a Stemple tube. They likely will never have collector value past being transferable machine guns.

If you want to relive 1990s web surfing check out the website where the information for them is posted:

Burgess SW76

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter