Post yer Maccuracy!

Garrett

Ok, you made me curious enough to go try it out. Using an NRA 100 yard service rifle target and Fiocchi 115 gr. ammo. Shooting was 5-shot groups at 100 yards, using a rest. I fed the rounds one at a time directly into the chamber. No magazine. No warm-up or sight-in shots. Just sit and start shooting.

I shot the MAX-31 first. It has an EoTech sight. That one got 4 of 5 on the target. Looking at the backing board, and assuming the fresh looking hole to the left of the target was mine, I’m going to say I was around 12 MOA.

GmDJTKfh.jpg

Next up was the Max-11 with a C-More. It was hitting just a bit high, with two off paper above the target. But with two fresh holes in the backer, I’m going to say this was around 8-9 MOA.
XJqQjkyh.jpg

I also tried it with the Uzi using iron sights. The target only seemed mildly worried, as I didn’t manage to hit it. Not sure where that one was hitting. I might have to work on that one a bit more.

Eta: so I just lugged the IPSC A-C zone steel target to the end of the 100 yd. range. Shooting offhand with the Uzi, first shot was “clack, ding”. Feeling a little better about myself.

Now enough with this one-at-a-time Subgunning. Selector going back to Auto.
:uzi

Last edited:

JohnnyE

UZI Talk Supporter
At our club shoots we take several empty three gallon vegetable oil and one gallon milk jugs, knot a couple feet of rope to each handle on one end and a wooden tent stake on the other, and anchor them to the berm at 100 yards. Using my 11/15-a1 with a Trijicon SRO parked on top I can keep a jug jumping as long as I hold the trigger. I'm satisfied.

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
MG34 upper for my Mac, mounted on a tripod.. It’s heavy and barely moves- at about 35 yards it’ll put rounds on top of each other, so they overlap and strip a short line of paint off the steel.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I took my 10" gong out to 50 meters with the 20" barreled M11A1/15. I got 12 hits out of 30 rounds with 2-3 round burst fire. (I don't have the trip in the gun) I also put 5 rounds into the 1/2" steel shepherd's crook holding the gong. The rounds cut the crook in half with the M855 ammo. I had to throw the pieces away at the range.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I took my 10" gong out to 50 meters with the 20" barreled M11A1/15. I got 12 hits out of 30 rounds with 2-3 round burst fire. (I don't have the trip in the gun) I also put 5 rounds into the 1/2" steel shepherd's crook holding the gong. The rounds cut the crook in half with the M855 ammo. I had to throw the pieces away at the range.

That's better than accuracy
:laugh

Deerhurst

Got my Max15 zeroed today.

140 yards off hand on semi on a 12" wide piece of steel all day long. That upper works great!

LawBob

Thi
Is there a semi-auto position available on a MAC? I never noticed.

Machineguns are just long range shotguns, nothing more. You shoot a burst at an area not a point of aim. Seriously.

This is why you just need a cheaper quality red dot not an eotech.

Though that violates the (converse) rule of don’t put a Zeiss scope on a 22, or a Blaupunk radio in the Chevy Citation.

Conversely, you don’t put an air soft / eBay replica fake Leopold scope on your new $3k Tikka, you shouldn’t put a cheap scope on your $9k mac- except you should not waste your money.

It’s a single shot shotgun. I had some opticsPlanet bucks from a thermal purchase, and got a $125 red dot.

Deerhurst

IMHO, cheap red dot will be rattled apart on a MG. Ive rattled cheap optics apart on semi auto guns. I put quality stuff like EOTech, Aimpoint, or Vortex UH-1 on my MG uppers.

Cheapest optic Ive not been able to kill is the Sig Romeo 5.

Buy once, cry once. My mac had a pellet rifle optic on it when I bought it. First time out I put a round through it because it was a cheap POS.

plodder

UZI Talk Supporter
"Though that violates the (converse) rule of don’t put a Zeiss scope on a 22, or a Blaupunk radio in the Chevy Citation."
Wow, Chevy Citation? Really dating yourself there. (I actually owned one new in 1980)

LawBob

Yes.
IMHO, cheap red dot will be rattled apart on a MG. Ive rattled cheap optics apart on semi auto guns. I put quality stuff like EOTech, Aimpoint, or Vortex UH-1 on my MG uppers.

Cheapest optic Ive not been able to kill is the Sig Romeo 5.

Buy once, cry once. My mac had a pellet rifle optic on it when I bought it. First time out I put a round through it because it was a cheap POS.
I meant don’t go aimpoint T2. A quality less expensive red dot like sig or PA is fine.

Garrett

Bringing this thread back.

Anyone try shooting a MAX11/15 for accuracy, to see what it can do? I’m finding it takes a bit more work than a typical rifle. Probably something about that heavy trigger and open bolt operation.

At 100 yards today, I shot a couple 5” groups off a bipod. Actually, one group had four holes in 2” and one flier that opened it up to 5”.

And then the other group was just a big 5” group.

This same ammo from a 10.5” AR15 will shoot 1.5” to 2” groups.

I’m setting up a machine gun match this summer, shooting out to 200 yards, and I need to know that I won’t embarrass myself too badly.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter