Pre May Dealer Sample UZI SMG

BARgunner

I've enjoyed this forum for some time although I never post anything so I figured I'd post here first. I'm getting out of the business and I'm going to sell my Pre May Dealer Sample SMG UZI. I bought it new and unfired and it's in excellent condition. I've fired less than 1K factory ammo through it. I'm trying to gauge an asking price and looking at some other boards it looks like somewhere around $12K plus shipping. Does that sound about right? I'm going off what's been sold. I'd offer it here first for obvious reasons. I'd appreciate any thoughts as to price. Thanks!

Last edited:

BARgunner

FNWBVrW.jpg

WeEqlBK.jpg

nhZM9VG.jpg

tomk

$12k too low for a Pre-may sample?? I bought one at $7k within this past year (honest). Did I get a good deal? Maybe. They sat around $6k for a long time recently. I would think somewhere around $9k would sell today. Using the 50% of transferable rule of thumb pricing as a basis.

JoshNC

Considering that transferable RR full-size UZIs are selling for $17-18k right now, I’d say $12k for a premay is a very ambitious price. Unless an exceedingly rare item, premay MGs typically sell for around half of a transferable.

pmf

Long ago, pre-samples were half the price of transferables, but that changed a bit. But $12k is a lot when a trensferable goes for maybe $14k.

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
I have always used the Half price of a transferable plus 1k rule for the asking price. Then negotiated from there. 12k is high in my opinion.

shiklg

here is one on Gunbroker for 15,995 (and no bids)

I have seen some nice ones go for 12K plus recently - prices on pre-may's are up over the last year due to the demand from lots of new SOT's.

I have a mint one (lots of extras) that I'm thinking of selling, will probably ask 14K and see what happens

BARgunner

Maybe $12K is too high but one just sold on Sturmgewehr for $10.9K with two people waiting in the wings in case the deal fell through. Looks like there is a market demand for Pre May dealer samples.

b_saan

Yes, Pre-may samples have been closing upwards on Full Transferable values especially in Machine Guns that are factory pre-may examples versus converted or tube transferrable examples. I don't think $12k is too far off the value to at least start a listing.

tomk

I may be confused by what you wrote, but all Pre-sample guns were imported as factory guns. There are no conversions, tube, or other individually manufactured Pre-sample machineguns. Pre-May Dealer Sales Sample (Pre-sample) just means that the machinegun was imported (as a machinegun) after 1968 and before May 1986. They are only purchased by active SOT FFLs.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter