Proper receiver pin for .380 M11 RPB double stamp

Slowmo

Does anyone know what type or front receiver pin a double-stamped RPB M11 .380 should have originally come with?

I've seen some pictures online where they seemingly used a two-piece pin with a flathead screwdriver groove in each end and other pictures where they came with what appears to be a single-piece pin.

Wetworks

UZI Talk Supporter
It’s was a piece of crap 2 piece pin. Mine broke in the middle of a match a year or so ago and took me out of the game.
mine did not have flathead screwdriver heads though.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Mine had the 2 piece pin that used flathead screwdrivers. Switched it out for some Delrin ones I made.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
A lot of the RPB guns used an RPB manufactured 2 piece pin with the flat head screw that was not original to the guns… they are impossible to find, especially the screw. Numrich had the pin by itself but I think I might have gotten the last one they had, the screw is a different story. If yours has a Marietta stamp, that screw pin would not have been the original pin anyway, those screw style pins were some thing that was made by RPB.

The original pin for that gun would have been a push pin that had a spring steel detent in it. Also impossible to find. Your best bet if you wanna replace the front pin with an authentic style replacement would be to have it made for you by a machine shop.. either that or you will have to watch gun broker and probably end up having to purchase (and fight over) an entire vintage SMG parts set just to get that pin, and then resell the rest of the parts..

I got lucky, and I found a two piece flathead pin for the M10 with the screw that somebody was willing to remove from a part set and sell separately… and then the USPS lost it in the mail (along with 2 M10/9 walther mags)!!!! after a whole bunch of waiting, I finally came across another parts kit with one and scored it. It will take a while to find whatever style that you are looking for.

The correct style for the Marietta M11 would be the hollow pushpin style with the spring detent inside it. See pics, this is not my gun, but it is an RPB over stamp Marietta gun that has the Original MAC components, including the receiver pin. I guess after a while, RPB must have run out of the original MAC pins, and that’s when they started making the two piece with the flat head screw. If you wanna stay, truly authentic, this is the pin that you need to find (detent push pin)

96B2D4FE-A76E-4129-B5ED-7EE66AC1E151.jpeg

90D8A7D9-9D2C-4DA3-93B7-7B0B1883A229.jpeg

HighriseATX

UZI Talk Life Member
Just in case you are not trying to be original....here are several choices.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Here’s a better pic of how the original 1 piece spring detent pin works. The upper receiver on your gun should have countersunk takedown pin holes that allow for the spring detent to lock in place.

62222B8D-0AF8-4517-BDD0-3376AA997EB0.jpeg
270E9942-0FD5-41B8-A8EE-5037AB008BD0.jpeg
DEA3C19A-A35A-4978-A6E8-BB2188E31615.jpeg
08801579-0529-4898-82AE-5A4EE2457590.jpeg

Slowmo

A lot of the RPB guns used an RPB manufactured 2 piece pin with the flat head screw that was not original to the guns… they are impossible to find, especially the screw. Numrich had the pin by itself but I think I might have gotten the last one they had, the screw is a different story. If yours has a Marietta stamp, that screw pin would not have been the original pin anyway, those screw style pins were some thing that was made by RPB.

The original pin for that gun would have been a push pin that had a spring steel detent in it. Also impossible to find. Your best bet if you wanna replace the front pin with an authentic style replacement would be to have it made for you by a machine shop.. either that or you will have to watch gun broker and probably end up having to purchase (and fight over) an entire vintage SMG parts set just to get that pin, and then resell the rest of the parts..

I got lucky, and I found a two piece flathead pin for the M10 with the screw that somebody was willing to remove from a part set and sell separately… and then the USPS lost it in the mail (along with 2 M10/9 walther mags)!!!! after a whole bunch of waiting, I finally came across another parts kit with one and scored it. It will take a while to find whatever style that you are looking for.

The correct style for the Marietta M11 would be the hollow pushpin style with the spring detent inside it. See pics, this is not my gun, but it is an RPB over stamp Marietta gun that has the Original MAC components, including the receiver pin. I guess after a while, RPB must have run out of the original MAC pins, and that’s when they started making the two piece with the flat head screw. If you wanna stay, truly authentic, this is the pin that you need to find (detent push pin)

View attachment 37995

View attachment 37996
Thanks for the detailed explanation. The gun in question has a spring detent pin, so sounds like it is likely the original pin.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter