Remember that OpticsPlanet deal on 124 gr Winchester 9mm?

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
....well, it doesn't appear they are going to honor those deals made a year ago. Surprise!

I had a buddy who called them and got no answers, and I just wasted time chatting with 'Ross O' when I chased him on why they weren't filling these orders when they are showing 50 and 500-rd boxes of this same exact ammo 'in stock'.

The answer I got back was "Sir, you ordered three 1,000-round boxes and these are 500 round boxes. You would need to order 6 of these at current prices in order for us to be able to fill your order. When the 1,000-rd boxes come in we will ship them."

Of course my order was placed on 10/25/202 at 36 cent per round and current prices are 76 cents per round so there you have it.

This is the same crap the Cheaper Than Dirt pulled years ago and why I will not be buying anything from OpticsPlanet ever again.

slimshady

If what you ordered was a different SKU than what they have in stock, then I see their point. OTOH, Winchester sez they sell in 50 rd boxes and 500 rd cases, was what you ordered a deal on 2 500rd cases sold as a unit, or some special 1,000 rd packaging?

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
SKU # is irrelevant to the corporation, although not to the drone.

It's obvious that Optics Planet is avoiding all who ordered 1,000 rds Win 124gr at 36 cents a year ago vs the current 76 cents.

I fully expected this douche corporate move. And I'm just alerting the greater community that this is who they are contemplating doing business with.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
I stopped buying from them when they sold me stuff not in stock. then after weeks of "where's my stuff" they said it hadnt come in yet.
oh. ok......then cancel my order please.

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
I still remember the first and LAST time I ordered from them, it stuck in my head so bad I won't even click on their site when I do a search.

OldBesty

unless you are claiming product was explicitly listing as "in stock" at time you submitted order, I am seeing this as follows:

different MPN/UPC; you happened on an unusually low price on Winchester 9mm NATO (+P) in middle of an ammo shortage in 2020 and attempted back ordering on a site that permits; now you are tired of waiting and badgering innocent customer service reps to magically snap their fingers to override their fulfillment system and fill your order with standard 9mm LUGER; instead of accepting that it didn't work out for you as the manufacturer has discontinued that packaging and simply cancelling your order to get your refund, you are here attempting to hatch conspiracy theories regarding OpticsPlanet playing games because of current pricing on a different product

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Lots of guys got their WOLF orders filled for 27 CPR over on arf about 2 months ago.

Not that it helps you any but it does show that they honored their pre orders.

Lots of guys were shocked they did since like you it was back ordered a year or over.

I had a case of ammo back ordered on optics but canceled it about 3 weeks later CF had the same ammo same price just had to place 2 orders to get the same amount.
So I did.

I haven't gotten a order from OP in about two years since they pulled the instock on a upper then took 90 days to ship because it was OOS.

They are also part of the DVOR conglomerate so they pull form other members inventory.

I've had great success with DVOR getting SS109 400 round boxes for I think it was 129 shipped limit two boxes.
Again doesn't help ya Scott but it seems things are settling down and deals are starting to pop back up.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Lots of guys got their WOLF orders filled for 27 CPR over on arf about 2 months ago.

Not that it helps you any but it does show that they honored their pre orders.

Lots of guys were shocked they did since like you it was back ordered a year or over.

I had a case of ammo back ordered on optics but canceled it about 3 weeks later CF had the same ammo same price just had to place 2 orders to get the same amount.
So I did.

I haven't gotten a order from OP in about two years since they pulled the instock on a upper then took 90 days to ship because it was OOS.

They are also part of the DVOR conglomerate so they pull form other members inventory.

I've had great success with DVOR getting SS109 400 round boxes for I think it was 129 shipped limit two boxes.
Again doesn't help ya Scott but it seems things are settling down and deals are starting to pop back up.

It's Ok; when I bought my Dillon 750 I started rolling my own 9mm. But I have several buddies who want this, which is why I took OP at their word and ordered it.

In summary, for those who want to support ethical retailers..

1. Optics Planet has the ammo in stock from Winchester.
2. My order was for 1,000 rounds packed in a steel ammo can. I told them I don't need the can; just ship the ammo as per the original terms.
3. They declined, claiming the SKU wasn't matching.
4. So BS. Winchester isn't providing the cans - OP is.
5. The instant response from the Customer Service drones is that 'the SKU doesn't match so we can't do anything'. That's either poor training or management-dictated response to a by now a well-known issue.

All I am saying is that a retailer with integrity would honor deals they offered and never canceled. OpticsPlanet is on par with Cheaper than Dirt.

I'm just waiting them out.

OldBesty

It's Ok; when I bought my Dillon 750 I started rolling my own 9mm. But I have several buddies who want this, which is why I took OP at their word and ordered it.

In summary, for those who want to support ethical retailers..

1. Optics Planet has the ammo in stock from Winchester.
2. My order was for 1,000 rounds packed in a steel ammo can. I told them I don't need the can; just ship the ammo as per the original terms.
3. They declined, claiming the SKU wasn't matching.
4. So BS. Winchester isn't providing the cans - OP is.
5. The instant response from the Customer Service drones is that 'the SKU doesn't match so we can't do anything'. That's either poor training or management-dictated response to a by now a well-known issue.

All I am saying is that a retailer with integrity would honor deals they offered and never canceled. OpticsPlanet is on par with Cheaper than Dirt.

I'm just waiting them out.

that's funny. I am not seeing any 124gr Winchester NATO loads in stock

Rob1928

UZI Talk Supporter
Bass Pro/Cabelas is just as bad. I ordered a few cases of 9mm in April 2020 that they said they had in stock. They didn't. Every two weeks for a couple of months they'd send me an email that they would be shipping my order, "in two weeks."

When I called to inquire if they were EVER actually going to fill the order they told me that as they had quadrupled their price they were sending all available ammo that came in to their retail stores, but that they would eventually honor it.

Then they sent me an email that my cabelas card account had been compromised and they were sending me a new card, and since my back order had been placed with the old card, they were now cancelling it. Sorry, our hands are tied, nothing we can do about it, it happens automatically, it TOTALLY does not have anything to do with the fact we've increased our price. The truth is that if they'd just not lied about their inventory status up front I'd have happily paid a bit more to order from a company that actually did have in stock what they claimed. But, as they said in Animal House, I F'ed up, I trusted them!

I used to put mid+ 5 figures per year of expenses on that card for the rewards for a couple of decades. Never again. I can't say in a public forum how much I absolutely loathe them.

Last edited:

slimshady

I stopped buying anything from Optics Planet years ago when they started refusing to sell anyone not government agency magazines with more than 10 rnd capacity.

A while back I had an order with them and had a coupon code that required a minimum purchase for free shipping IIRC. Was like 2 bucks shy so I started looking through their cheap stuff to pad the order. They had a set of 2 handcuff keys for a few cents over what I needed so I put them in my cart, apparently I missed the "requires LE credentials to order" blurb. They contacted me and asked for a photo of my LE ID, when I told them I wasn't LE they told me they couldn't sell them to me and I had to cancel the order! So I got to looking around their website, strangely they will sell actual handcuffs, along with 2 of the "restricted" keys to anybody if they have $20!

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
They shipped me 500 rounds of Tula .45 ordered last October. 300 rounds of Winchester 45 also. My 124gr 9mm and 7.62x39 still backordered, but this is about what I'd expect from them, which is a long wait. I feel your pain though

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter