Ruger AC556F with different designed selector mechanism

Thundertaker

I just acquired this Ruger AC556F with an unusual selector and change mechanism. Does anyone know some history on this design? The serial number predates the production run of AC556 according to my Ruger books.fullsizeoutput_20.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1f.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 181

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
That's a 190 series ac556. The problem with gun is most parts don't interchange with the new mini 14 or ac556.

Basically, with the 190 ac556 if you need parts you have to find a 180 series mini 14. Might be a little hard.
With a series 191 ac556 parts interchange with basically all newer mini 14's.

The good news is all parts should last a lifetime if taken care of, maybe not the barrel but you can get a new one.:)

MG34_Dan

That is flipping cool! Please post more pictures of this very rare bird. What do the front sight and flash hider look like?

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
That is flipping cool! Please post more pictures of this very rare bird. What do the front sight and flash hider look like?

I can tell you that it DOESNT have a bayonet lug or flash hider, if it's threaded it was done by someone. I believe the barrel looks like a standard mini 14 barrel.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
It’s Purdy!!! Does it have the wood handguard too? Couldn’t see the whole gun in the pics...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter