SBR barrel length including flashhider in place?

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
I used to have a stainless factory folder and now I’m considering a semi-blued folder (really liking the blue/wood combo lately).

I like the looks of the shorty but not wanting to SBR it. I’d like to shorten the barrel and thread/spot weld the flashhider in place. Wondering if someone could measure how long the entire assembly is... looks like its kinda close to 16” I’m guessing 15 with hider installed.

If I need to add an inch to this it would still look pleasing to me.

AC556K-64_01E1.jpg

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I'll measure the factory flash hider for you when I get home.
I'm wanting to SBR a factory folder but I still can NOT find a factory gas block/sight combo for a reasonable price at least.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I put a tape measure on the front face (muzzle side) of the gas block and to the end of the flash hider. Its approximately 3" and 7/8ths, this is approximate not exact.
This was on a factory ac556 13" folder.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
I’m corn fused.

If an SBR like I pictured has a 13” barrel the flashhider if permenantly affixed should get me close to 16. I’m wondering how close.

How much barrel needs to be added (compared to that picture) to get me to 16?

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
See pics. Sorry for the small measuring tape. I'm 2 lazy and didn't want to grab one out of my tool box.
I think you'll need to add approximately 1.5" to the barrel.

IMG_2278.jpg
[/url] [/IMG]

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
Okay thanks. Shows 14.5 all together.

Hmm adding 1.5 inches plus another 1/2 for measurement safety not sure if 2inches would look out of balance.

Might need to SBR it after all.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I would SBR it.
Unfortunately, Like I said it's damn near impossible to find the gas block sight. They make some reproductions ones. I haven't given up hope on finding a legit one, for a reasonable price.
Let me know if you go the reproduction route, I would like pics, to see what they look like.

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
Let me know if you go the reproduction route, I would like pics, to see what they look like.

I still have to decide to buy then find the rifle first. :lol and then file the form1 once I’ve decided. It’ll be a while.

Haven’t ruled out just buying a factory blued kac556f. Prices are dropping a bit. I know they aren’t an M16 (shooting) but to me they’re much more elegant to the eye.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I still have to decide to buy then find the rifle first. :lol and then file the form1 once I’ve decided. It’ll be a while.

Haven’t ruled out just buying a factory blued kac556f. Prices are dropping a bit. I know they aren’t an M16 (shooting) but to me they’re much more elegant to the eye.

I 100% agree with you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter