Serialized "ARS" grip frame origin?

Slowmo

Does anyone know where the ARS grip frames came from (country or organization) and why some are serialized but some are not? The "A" appears to be a slightly different font/size than the "R" and "S", but it is serialized, which makes me think it probably belonged to an actual issued weapon at some point. Most of the big Uzi using nations I can think of off the top of my head did not speak English, though I know some smaller groups like the Secret Service used some.

I'm hoping to have my RR IMI Uzi brought up to full SMG spec, but I'm debating using this ARS lower of unknown-to-me origin or using a non-serialized Hebrew lower that I own. If I used the ARS lower, I would want the serial number either welded/ground off or restamped to match the receiver. If I used the Hebrew lower, I'm not sure if I would leave it in Hebrew or have the markings welded over and re-stamped "ARS". On the one hand, the "ARS" is kind of nice since it labels the settings for a non-Hebrew-reader user (like me or my kids someday), but on the other hand, the Hebrew seems sort of appropriate on an Israeli gun and could be colored-painted red/white to mark settings.

Jones

Serial numbers on frames isn't a worldwide standard. Some countries serial number(ed) pistol slides instead of the frame, fer instance.
Stateside it's the frame or "receiver" that needs to be marked. Further, the serial number has to be in "recognizable" numbers or letters;
no foreign characters like Cyrillic, Hebrew or Arabic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter