Shorten FNC Factory Folding Stock LOP

howdy

I've seen a few aftermarket solutions giving the long factory 14.5" LOP FNC stock some nice adjustability (e.g. AR/buffer tube adapter, ACR adapter, etc). I'd love to try an ACR stock, but the ACR-to-FNC adapters seem to have been one-time runs and not obtainable.

The factory stock looks to be easily shortened, the tubular frame seems to just slot into the base and held in place with a long rivet. I imagine to shorten one, you'd just need to drill out the rivet, slide out the stock, chop off the desired length of the tubes, re-insert, drill the new holes and make/install a new rivet. Has anyone seen this done before, or can confirm this would work as expected? Hopefully there are no surprise welds that would need to be un-done.

Attaching 4 photos below, hopefully they display properly.

paco

I've seen a few aftermarket solutions giving the long factory 14.5" LOP FNC stock some nice adjustability (e.g. AR/buffer tube adapter, ACR adapter, etc). I'd love to try an ACR stock, but the ACR-to-FNC adapters seem to have been one-time runs and not obtainable.

The factory stock looks to be easily shortened, the tubular frame seems to just slot into the base and held in place with a long rivet. I imagine to shorten one, you'd just need to drill out the rivet, slide out the stock, chop off the desired length of the tubes, re-insert, drill the new holes and make/install a new rivet. Has anyone seen this done before, or can confirm this would work as expected? Hopefully there are no surprise welds that would need to be un-done.

Attaching 4 photos below, hopefully they display properly.

Do not drill out the stock axis 829! just push/press/tap it out from bottom side to upper side. Take saw or circular tubecutter and shorten a bit the straight tubes. Re insert it and drill trough the holes.
Place the axis from upper side back in the lock. Pressing will give no color damage on the axis. Tapping will very likey harm the finnish.
If you need a longer stock, us the minimi stock. It also has a flip up shoulder rest ; )
I have observed several in the Belgina Army in the minimi configuration for the longer guys in the field.

Paco out

howdy

Do not drill out the stock axis 829! just push/press/tap it out from bottom side to upper side. Take saw or circular tubecutter and shorten a bit the straight tubes. Re insert it and drill trough the holes.
Place the axis from upper side back in the lock. Pressing will give no color damage on the axis. Tapping will very likey harm the finnish.
If you need a longer stock, us the minimi stock. It also has a flip up shoulder rest ; )
I have observed several in the Belgina Army in the minimi configuration for the longer guys in the field.
Paco out

Great advice, thanks. Good to know the stock pin can be pressed out and re-used.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter