SMG Sear Not Fitting IMI Uzi Model A Receiver Holes

Head Tomcat

Guys,

I am a bit stumped on why my registered bolt IMI Uzi Model A will not allow a SMG sear to be used in a FA trigger pack.

From my research, the sear pad holes in the receiver for a true SMG should be .425” long and .300” wide. My IMI Model A Uzi is a very low production serial number and that is the exact size pads it came with from new as I am the original owner. However, my pads are .625” apart and the Uzi blueprint I have seen on this site says they should be .600” apart. I still have the restrictor ring in place but have very carefully milled a slight amount off the bottom on each side so the ring does not contact the SMG sear in any way.

Still, when I put the SMG sear into a FA trigger pack and then line up the 9mm holes (I have reamed out the FA grip to 9mm) to pin/install the grip assembly, the SMG sear appears to get hung up on the large sear holes.

What should I next check?

I have seen on this site to “thin” a SMG sear to fit into a semiauto Uzi but it seems if the receiver already has “large” sear holes this should not be necessary. Or, does the semiauto IMI Uzi comes with large sear pad holes but are deliberately spaced a bit further apart to not allow a SMG to easily fit? Would this be why the SMG sear has to be thinned on each side...to accommodate sear holes which are slightly further apart than those on the SMG ?

Whew…thanks!

The Olde Tomcat

cajun 22

UZI Talk Life Member
I would not modify the receiver. The sear is a cheap part and that would be what I would adjust to fit.

9mmsubgun-m11

UZI Talk Life Member
I too have the same set up as you and had to carefully file the holes in my Mod A receiver to allow smg sear to pop up as it should. It is no big deal to remove a little metal at a time and check the fit.

K2

Hi All,

SMG sears don't fit IMI S/A receivers w/o enlarging the S/A sear holes.

Enjoy,

K2

Head Tomcat

Guys...problem solved!

I carefully milled away the rear of each sear hole by 1/16" to yield a total length for each of 1/2". This now easily allows the SMG to correctly pop up all the way and function as intended.

The Olde Tomcat

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter